• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
Oh yes, I just casually video called my parents and went outside pretending to show them the clear sky and how it was going to snow at night. They asked me why my CR-V was outside the garage if it was going to snow and then I turned and opened the garage saying, "because this is in the garage", with the Type R standing facing outwards in the garage, as the garage doors opened. That moment alone was worth it for me, with mixed emotions of joy, shock, awe, and pride that their son finally bought his first new car and not just any car, but the HONDA CIVIC TYPE R!

(Those who are wondering what just happened, I never told my parents about buying the Type R, they just had an idea that I really liked this car. Wanted to surprise them, as buying any car in India is a big deal, let alone an expensive one like the Type R. Most 23 year old kids don't buy cars in India, at least not from their own money, and the fact that I just called 23 year olds, kids, just goes to show that I am still considered a kid back home. So a "kid" buying his first car is a big deal and I just made it even better by completely surprising my parents with getting my "attainable dream car" as my first new car.)

Thanks to all of you who helped me in this journey! I'll post more pictures once I get off my weekly shift. For now, I just got back from work, and this is what I clicked:

11th Gen Honda Civic East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations 20230223_062044

11th Gen Honda Civic East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations 20230223_062135
Sponsored

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
Oh yes, I just casually video called my parents and went outside pretending to show them the clear sky and how it was going to snow at night. They asked me why my CR-V was outside the garage if it was going to snow and then I turned and opened the garage saying, "because this is in the garage", with the Type R standing facing outwards in the garage, as the garage doors opened. That moment alone was worth it for me, with mixed emotions of joy, shock, awe, and pride that their son finally bought his first new car and not just any car, but the HONDA CIVIC TYPE R!

(Those who are wondering what just happened, I never told my parents about buying the Type R, they just had an idea that I really liked this car. Wanted to surprise them, as buying any car in India is a big deal, let alone an expensive one like the Type R. Most 23 year old kids don't buy cars in India, at least not from their own money, and the fact that I just called 23 year olds, kids, just goes to show that I am still considered a kid back home. So a "kid" buying his first car is a big deal and I just made it even better by completely surprising my parents with getting my "attainable dream car" as my first new car.)

Thanks to all of you who helped me in this journey! I'll post more pictures once I get off my weekly shift. For now, I just got back from work, and this is what I clicked:

20230223_062044.jpg

20230223_062135.jpg
Enjoy the car my friend!

CTRfan_boi

First Name
Rish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8

20230223_062044.jpg

20230223_062135.jpg
Damn, looks clean. Congrats dude!!!

Fellow Indian here. I have a very similar story when got my CW FK8 back in 2020 (except I wasn't 23 lol. More like 27) and can totally relate to car affordability and cultural stuff in India.

Super happy for you!!

saGOD

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R | 2020 KIA Sedona
For the VIN ending in 1155, your ETA is 2/28-3/03

Nothing pops up for the other VIN yet.
They called me today saying the car is in Chicago and is showing an ETA of 2/24-3/28.
If the car arrives 2/24 I can pick it up this Saturday!

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
They called me today saying the car is in Chicago and is showing an ETA of 2/24-3/28.
VIN Etas only ever span a 7 day period, never a month so if the first day of the ETA is 2/28 the March 7th would be the last day.
Barring any delays of course.

I hope you get it this weekend

saGOD

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VIN Etas only ever span a 7 day period, never a month so if the first day of the ETA is 2/28 the March 7th would be the last day.
Barring any delays of course.

I hope you get it this weekend
Typo on my end: ETA of 2/24-2/28 is what they told me.
Wonder if the ETA is actually 2/28-3/03 like you told me and they're just blowing smoke.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek

20230223_062044.jpg
LOL this could be me... but i unfortunately had to trade in my CRV for the R :(

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
My car is on that same train lol.

It took a really southward direction. I wonder if the events in Palestine Ohio have anything to do with it. To be fair I never paid so much attention to an incoming unit.

saGOD

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

It took a really southward direction. I wonder if the events in Palestine Ohio have anything to do with it. To be fair I never paid so much attention to an incoming unit.
Are you getting that info from your salesman or do you have other means to track the train?

rocket29329

Banned
Banned
First Name
var
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
audi
Anyone heard from OH dealers yet ? My second wave car is still not delivered but I see cars being delivered everywhere else

addakatlahemanth

First Name
Hemanth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Anyone heard from OH dealers yet ? My second wave car is still not delivered but I see cars being delivered everywhere else
I just called the dealership my car is still in CA with prod date 1/10. Dealer said sometimes the system doesn’t get updated and car just shows up

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Update: The larger high volume dealerships are no getting there 2nd Type R.

My dealer got allocated its 2nd today which is a CW.

rocket29329

Banned
Banned
First Name
var
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
audi

Which state you are getting your car from ?
Sponsored