• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
more fl5's have arrived local...

your cars are coming...
Sponsored

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
My gsm said next allocation waves wonā€™t be until February he thinks, however no more cars have been brought into the port

So the next wave wonā€™t hit dealers until 2025
Right? Since it'll be 2024 until Honda can get me my 1st wave FL5.

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
Heā€™s busy laughing his ass off like a mad man with the windows down right now.
Lol yā€™all will be cruising in your R soon enough. Just thought of you guys when I saw it šŸ˜„

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Not sure why honda is having such trouble building and shipping cars. Seems like Hyundai is really pumping these Elantra nā€™s out.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Not sure why honda is having such trouble building and shipping cars. Seems like Hyundai is really pumping these Elantra nā€™s out.
The problem is not building them, the problem is getting them out to where they need to be.

I will say once again Honda has grossly underestimated demand for the Type R models. They have all the evidence that proves they can make and sell over 10k/year but they refuse to build enough to satisfy demand.

Hyundaiā€™s advantage is that theyā€™re vertically integrated. They own every part of the production from the foundries that smelt the metals for the engines, to the tankers that transport the cars across the world.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
it's a carrera s , 42k original miles

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Excellent point re: Honda's lack of organizational management. The problem is truly multifactorial with everything from labor and union disputes to same-day supply chains and poor lines of communication. Among these is CSX, which serves the east coast with rail transport. When vehicles sit in a rail yard gathering dust everyone loses. Mr. Toshihiro Mibe (President & CEO, American Honda) and the rest of the executives should take a critical look at the entire 2022 rollout because it's not just Type Rs.
Sponsored