• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Fender vent mesh?

HONDANB

First Name
JOHN DOE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NEEDED
Thanks for sharing all of this!!! Just got it done as of now. That should help a little with rock chips when spacers push the wheels out.
11th Gen Honda Civic Fender vent mesh? 20230422_105216
11th Gen Honda Civic Fender vent mesh? 20230422_105411
Sponsored

Last edited:

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Not sure how you guys are sliding it in far enough to be screwed through without pulling the push pins?

I bought a push pin plier and promptly blew one of them up - those things aren't right man. I'll assume I can use a generic replacement but if anyone has a "known good" I won't say know to that info.

HONDANB

First Name
JOHN DOE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NEEDED
Not sure how you guys are sliding it in far enough to be screwed through without pulling the push pins?

I bought a push pin plier and promptly blew one of them up - those things aren't right man. I'll assume I can use a generic replacement but if anyone has a "known good" I won't say know to that info.
Mine blew right by me like a stray bullet. Have a look at them. When they blew by me I thought they broken. Upon further inspection they were not. Placed them back with no issues. If broken find an exact replacement at any AutoZone.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Mine blew right by me like a stray bullet. Have a look at them. When they blew by me I thought they broken. Upon further inspection they were not. Placed them back with no issues. If broken find an exact replacement at any AutoZone.
Nah, broke into a million pieces. I live 3 houses down from an AutoZone but it takes forever to buy anything - I honestly just Amazon it.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Nah, broke into a million pieces. I live 3 houses down from an AutoZone but it takes forever to buy anything - I honestly just Amazon it.
So close…yet, so far away.🤣
I get it, though. Like 3 guys working in the back, but 1 guy at the register helping a customer for 30 mins.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
I've got guards on order too.

The pins appear to be 8mm diameter, 10mm long. Turns out a flathead works better than the pliers. Going to order some replacements or stop next door, these are pretty much single use.

Last edited:

midway1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Awesome mod. I just did this and took about an hour for both sides. You really want to remove the bottom clip instead of trying to finagle the mesh in there. Some of the fender is hidden under the lining. The mesh has sharp edges and you wouldn't want to scratch the fender trying to get this thing in there.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I've got guards on order too.

The pins appear to be 8mm diameter, 10mm long. Turns out a flathead works better than the pliers. Going to order some replacements or stop next door, these are pretty much single use.
Let us know which you ordered and if they work!

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Let's see some shots from farther away & the other side.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Let us know which you ordered and if they work!
They should be 8mm, I have been doing pretty poorly at ordering the right things recently so I ended up running to an Autozone a few houses down from me and bought "Dorman 961-37D Honda Splash Shield Push Rivets". The wrong ones I ordered were 10mm.

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R #2479
Those that have done this, did you remove the front wheels or is there enough room without having to remove them?
Sponsored