• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Yea.... more than half a second slower to 60.... which could mean the hatch has a 0-60 of closer to 8 seconds once you factor in even more weight gain compared to the sedan... and without a substantial power bump, could mean the Si model is slower to 60 than the 10th gen as well.... Civic gives up it's best in class times to the Mazda3 I guess. I have a small amount of hope Honda will see fit to give the Sport Touring hatch another power increase (either 192hp from the accord, or even matching the Si power in leau of an actual Si hatch)

The handling/steering seems to have benefitted greatly from the tweaks they made. Huge refinement improvements and making everything sharper... but losing that much time in a straight line is kind of a huge bummer, especially if that translates to the Si. I guess the mature refinement mattered more than the performance numbers... making it a baby accord rather than it's own sporty character like the 10th gen has.

I'll wait to see what they do with the hatchback in full, but so far my 10th gen coupe is looking better and better to keep around until we see what happens with the next gen accord and the ILX replacement...

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Definitely seems like they're redefining the Civic from a sport compact to an Accord lite.
Yep... under Honda US direction the civic took on a sport compact personality, under Honda Japan it seems to have taken the "premium and mature/boring" route in styling and performance.

Not sure why Honda bothers saying this is marketed to young people when they obviously would rather it sell to older people...

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Yep... under Honda US direction the civic took on a sport compact personality, under Honda Japan it seems to have taken the "premium and mature/boring" route in styling and performance.

Not sure why Honda bothers saying this is marketed to young people when they obviously would rather it sell to older people...
Total agree. But I'm an older guy that digs smaller, fun driving and fun looking cars and Honda lost me on this "upscale" move.

They're gambling on getting some of the small SUV and mature buyer crowd on a budget. Kind of thumbing their noses a bit at the traditional hardcore Civic fan.

But it will sell well.

PN_man

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si (Lunar Silver)
I so wish that they had kept at least a hint of the "lobster claw" taillights. Maybe just wrap the red around the bottom a little.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2018 Sentra SR Turbo, 2013 GT-R Black Edition, 2009 Nismo 370Z
I know we don't have any figures for power output on the SI & R but I knew the new car would gain curb weight. Even the Type R trim will need a substantial tuning update to overcome and meet the specs of the 10th generation build. It will be interesting how the market demand is if in deed it is slower. *Fingers Crossed* that it continues to push the demand of the 10th Gen Type R up.

This is sort of surprising as well that they didn't want to continue to push records from the 11th Gen Type R to keep the demand high as possible, I know it's not a money maker for Honda but the buzz of the internet surely helps them. They surely seem to have left that desire with the outgoing 2021 LE being the fastest FWD stock car.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.repeet.net
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Sedan
It took me a minute. It's the length that give it away.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
That is just nuts.

I want my old school Civic back. I'm not a fan of mid size family cars. Hey, maybe that's Honda's plan. Make the Civic so similar to the Accord that they can eventually phase it out of the lineup.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
That is just nuts.

I want my old school Civic back. I'm not a fan of mid size family cars. Hey, maybe that's Honda's plan. Make the Civic so similar to the Accord that they can eventually phase it out of the lineup.
11th Gen Honda Civic First 2022 Civic sedan driving impressions / reviews roll in Screenshot_20210616-131617_Chrome

I was thinking the same thing BUT they would have to add some serious content to the Civic...but just look how these two look so much alike now!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX
Honestly, this 11th gen only seems like a good upgrade if you are from a ninth or older gen Civic. If you have a tenth, this honestly does not look much of an upgrade and I would rather at least wait for the 12th gen in the next few years.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Honestly, this 11th gen only seems like a good upgrade if you are from a ninth or older gen Civic. If you have a tenth, this honestly does not look much of an upgrade and I would rather at least wait for the 12th gen in the next few years.
Yeah. Aside from the interior, there’s nothing I’m seeing as a real improvement. Unless the hatchback is more powerful or something I have no desire to have an 11th gen of any sort. It kinda makes me sad because I think Honda was stepping in the right direction, but made too many mistakes along the way.
Sponsored