• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mimzie2763

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT, 2023 FL5
I can't get behind the FI exhaust. If I'm being honest it sounds terrible. The tips also appear to protrude behind the bumper and rear diffuser. The exhaust note isn't the only factor either; however, it's an important one.

There are several manufacturers who have yet to produce an exhaust for the FL5 so this is a waiting game. If the current exhaust offerings are any indication of what we should expect, it's not looking good. I don't see the value in going from a Eureka vacuum cleaner to a Dyson vacuum cleaner.
What do you think of AWE coming out soon?
Sponsored

OP
OP

jdOTFL5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR #0995 CBP
I can't get behind the FI exhaust. If I'm being honest it sounds terrible. The tips also appear to protrude behind the bumper and rear diffuser. The exhaust note isn't the only factor either; however, it's an important one.

There are several manufacturers who have yet to produce an exhaust for the FL5 so this is a waiting game. If the current exhaust offerings are any indication of what we should expect, it's not looking good. I don't see the value in going from a Eureka vacuum cleaner to a Dyson vacuum cleaner.
dyson are pretty good though LOL :p:p:p

to add to the comment about FI though... uhhh... yeah not my favorite.. from what i've seen and heard they're heavy, and quiet with no real difference in tonality.

Bazgab

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
What does everyone think of the FI exhaust? This is my first time hearing of this company.
I had a FI exhaust and Remus downpipe on my M2 and it sounded fantastic. I got tons of compliments from people. Not really digging the sound for the FI FL5 system or that the tips stick out so far, especially for something that likely will cost between $3000-4000 depending on tip type.

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
What do you think of AWE coming out soon?
Waiting for more information like everyone else. @Sara/AWE mentioned more videos will be released this week.
Today is launch day! We are loading up the site with info as we speak, and all the information (pricing, features, and dedicated sound clip video) will be posted on the forums here as well.

Expect the info up this afternoon :thumbsup:

Yayo

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 MY23
The problem in my country (Spain) is that the exhaust to be installed must have approval and certification from the authorities to be installed.
Four years after buying a new car, it must pass a Technical Inspection, then the inspection is every two years, and after 10 years it is annual.
If the vehicle has a "major reform" (like the exhaust), it must be approved. In addition, maximum sound checks will soon be carried out in those inspections.
Do you know if any of the exhausts for the FL5 that are offered in the USA have approval in the European Union?
I remember that for my S2000 Invidia it did.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
So... Has there been an exhaust that isn't Millitek that allows me to control a valve for noise?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
So... Has there been an exhaust that isn't Millitek that allows me to control a valve for noise?
I haven't seen another exhaust with valve control functionality like Milltek.

sashimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5
J's just went into development so i'm looking forward to that.. if I know J's from the s2000 days... they make some crazy sounding exhaust
Waiting for J's exhaust to drop myself. Shouldn't be too far off from FK8 70RS exhaust.
We can get a taste of it here, I have time stamped the YT link.