• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is it just me, or is the aftermarket for the FL5 kind of lame?

AUGM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI
Had a 2007 Si and a 2019 Si and now a 2023 FL5, but the aftermarket seems lame as hell compared to the older cars.
Is the FL5 just too new as of now to have a good selection?
Sponsored

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Super lame, aftermarket isn't what it used to be. For a variety of reasons too imo.

I think the GR Corolla and Golf R have more support.

This is all from the guy that's staying stock and done modding, but still cool to see strong aftermarket support.

Last edited:

moborb

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
As a Ford Bronco owner, I could not agree more. I think it’s a combo of base (or lack thereof for the CTR) and time (though this is getting weaker). I find myself contrasting the two aftermarkets and even the online content/forums constantly…and wishing for more with the CTR.

Shingo Shoji

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 - Championship White
I think it's getting better all the time. While the customer base might not be that large, I think the type of buyer for the FL5 is typically the type that will at some stage want to personalise their ride.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Where is it lacking? Stick on flames?
Just about every engine component can be upgraded to support over 800hp, custom live tuning is possible, turbo upgrades a plenty, intakes 8 or so options, titanium intake pipes, exhausts half a dozen or more, fuel upgrades,oil cooling, engine cooling, carbon fiber accessories. Flex fuel and meth kits available. Suspension upgrades, coilovers, springs, rear arms, rigid collars.....What else would one want?
Only thing lame is this thread. So spend some money and void your warranty then report back when your car is 800hp+

Last edited:

Brittania

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Camry, 2024 FL5
The only aftermarket category I find lacking for the FL5 is exhausts. Not necessarily because of too few options, it's just that I haven't heard any that truly make this car sound good.

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
The only aftermarket category I find lacking for the FL5 is exhausts. Not necessarily because of too few options, it's just that I haven't heard any that truly make this car sound good.
AWE Touring sounds perfect. Nothing comes close.

Nothing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW FL5 #5044
For other cars with purposely gimped parts, if the platform is shared it's easy to copy/paste the parts.

Those usually end up with no or lesser gains. For FL5 in a lot of respects there's little to gain for a lot of common mods except for personal comfort. Considering the volume of FL5s and restrictions in the state where it is sold the most, there probably isn't a good return on dumping a ton of development on parts that will only sell at lower cost.

That said, drop in turbos, coolers, fuel kits, intakes and exhausts, engine mounts and coilovers, brake kits are coming out. Tuning and turbos seems to be the easiest power. What are you looking for? Cams.. lights... CAIs?

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
No exhaust will sound good on this car. It will be ok at best. But that is due to cylinder head design. Anything with a single port sounds like crap.

Brittania

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Camry, 2024 FL5
No exhaust will sound good on this car. It will be ok at best. But that is due to cylinder head design. Anything with a single port sounds like crap.

Considering that's my only complaint about the car, I'm fine with that. Everything else is perfect.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Considering that's my only complaint about the car, I'm fine with that. Everything else is perfect.
100% agree, its such a small thing in a overall great package. But a company is working on an individual port head. So for the guys out there that want to do something different it might be an option.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I don't think we'll ever get close to the golden age of thumbing through Sport Compact Car/Super Street/Import Tuner magazines and having every other page plastered with aftermarket parts. Those days are long gone, and honestly as someone I think alluded to already, we shouldn't necessarily pine for them because a major reason for that is the overall design and engineering of cars from the factory is so good now that it's really difficult to improve upon it, especially with the FL5.

Also unless I'm missing something, the FL5 is identical in the USDM and JDM markets, so no JDM parts market that really fueled the glory days either.

That said, as a DE5 owner, I've actually been pretty jealous of the FL5 aftermarket. The FL5 did have a year head start but being released only in North America we won't get the litany of Japanese parts that are already available and no doubt still coming to the FL5. If this thread was in the ITS forums I could almost start to agree.

So really, what's the expectation here?
Sponsored