• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is it just me, or is the aftermarket for the FL5 kind of lame?

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
HKS Legamax Sport on FL5 sounds good to me ;)

To each and their own :thumbsup:
Agree to each their own, but the reality is that the Type R exhaust note is not that great. Way better sounding cars out there. Previous gens of K series engines sound way better.

It’s these damn single port heads that just mush all of the exhaust pulses together. But it is what it is.
Sponsored

Last edited:

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
I do agree that the stock exhaust is lacking and that it’s too quiet.
And that's the point - anything is better than the stock sound. To me AWE Touring is the least offensive.

Bbfl5

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fl5 type r
I'd like to see a 2.3 stroker kit for the fl5

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Yep these exhaust 'headifold' type setups of most new turbo 4cyl makes none of them that appealing sound wise imo..

One mod I'd love to see (not sure how feasible it is), is a manual hand brake!

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Agree to each their own, but the reality is that the Type R exhaust note is not that great. Way better sounding cars out there. Previous gens of K series engines sound way better.

It’s these damn single port heads that just mush all of the exhaust pulses together. But it is what it is.
Yeah it sucks, I wish it sounded like the Elantra N

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic Type R
Matter of time before the exhaust clamps on that AWE start to leak too. It cost too much to then turn around and have it leak after a year or so.
I took a chance on mbrp with a previous vehicle focus st. Not a fan of exhaust clamps for that very reason. Leaning towards apexi if i can find one in stock.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I took a chance on mbrp with a previous vehicle focus st. Not a fan of exhaust clamps for that very reason. Leaning towards apexi if i can find one in stock.
I've seen it on so many FK8s from our service dept. Owner says they love the sound and then we raise the car up and ask if you love the leaks too lol. Apexi is a good choice, I'm waiting on @Vincent@27WON to put something together. Their FK8 exhaust is probably the most underrated FK8 exhaust on the market.
Sponsored