• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
@CTRifecta I won’t say homogenizing both cars is impossible, but I’ll say it’s improbable. I can see them continuing to add features, but remain rulers of their own separate kingdoms.
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
@1971Camaro I love my FL5, but would definitely consider an FL5 LE if they make one. Setting cost, markups, and rarity aside and simply assuming I could get one, it’s one of the few cars I would even consider trading my FL5 for. Note I am a bit of a Honda fan too. So it’s not necessarily all about features that would pull me out of the seat of my current car. An FL5 LE would be the ultimate last version of its breed. That alone might make me want it. :)
I'm also interested. Looking forward to details on an LE. I realize the differences from the standard FL5 won't be earth shattering. New color(s), suspension tuning (via ADS), new wheels, weight reduction, Cup 2 Connect rubber. I expect Phoenix Yellow again, but it would be nice if they offered another color from previous Civic Type Rs like NH-583M - Vogue Silver Metallic or one of the blacks:

NH-592P Flamenco Black Pri Metallic Clearcoat
NH592P-3 Starlight Black Pearl
B-92P Nighthawk Black Pearl

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Similar to the fk8, I'm sure we'll get more of a touring model with a smaller wing, softer (ITS) dampers, heated seats/wheel and maybe different wheels. Not sure I'd personally upgrade, but I can see this type of life cycle model coming out. On the flip side, I can see acura slapping a bigger wing, stiffer (FL5) dampers, and some sportier seats(FL5) and marketing it as a more hardcore version. Basically, parts bin specials for both.
I disagree. The LE will be a lighter/harsher Type R and that's the only direction they will go - at least in North America. I can see them tuning the suspension to be slightly less aggressive in the mid-cycle refresh base model but that's it.

The ITS satisfies the need for a softer and more luxurious car. Vice versa for the Type R.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I'm also interested. Looking forward to details on an LE. I realize the differences from the standard FL5 won't be earth shattering. New color(s), suspension tuning (via ADS), new wheels, weight reduction, Cup 2 Connect rubber. I expect Phoenix Yellow again, but it would be nice if they offered another color from previous Civic Type Rs like NH-583M - Vogue Silver Metallic or one of the blacks:

NH-592P Flamenco Black Pri Metallic Clearcoat
NH592P-3 Starlight Black Pearl
B-92P Nighthawk Black Pearl
Yeah, I would expect Phoenix Yellow again too and can appreciate the bright, iconic, color. I think it’d grow on me pretty fast if I had an LE in my garage. That Spoon rendering that’s been floating around for months looks pretty nice in yellow…
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 creators post chart showing 400 unit production per month planned and 20K orders received. 1710213899074

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
@1971Camaro I love my FL5, but would definitely consider an FL5 LE if they make one. Setting cost, markups, and rarity aside and simply assuming I could get one, it’s one of the few cars I would even consider trading my FL5 for. Note I am a bit of a Honda fan too. So it’s not necessarily all about features that would pull me out of the seat of my current car. An FL5 LE would be the ultimate last version of its breed. That alone might make me want it. :)
100%. I had my dealer put the call In to regional for an allotment with me being 1st in line.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
100%. I had my dealer put the call In to regional for an allotment with me being 1st in line.
You got that in writing, right? We have all seen what can happen when you don’t.📄🧐

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
You got that in writing, right? We have all seen what can happen when you don’t.📄🧐
Yes its in writing from a sales rep I bought my FL5 from. Trusted guy from a trusted dealer. My parents also bought an FL5 from him.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Yes its in writing from a sales rep I bought my FL5 from. Trusted guy from a trusted dealer. My parents also bought an FL5 from him.
Good for you! What pricing did you agree to?

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Good for you! What pricing did you agree to?
They don’t have any info on the LE yet so they just petitioned to get one and Ive secured my place with first right of refusal. No pricing yet and I would not disclose anyway lol.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
They don’t have any info on the LE yet so they just petitioned to get one and Ive secured my place with first right of refusal. No pricing yet and I would not disclose anyway lol.
Of course pricing isn't available today. We're talking about pricing in relation to MSRP. But I understand, all good on keeping it close to the vest. I presume most of the dealers who got LE allocations last generation are positioned to receive allocations this time around should Honda release another one.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Of course pricing isn't available today. We're talking about pricing in relation to MSRP. But I understand, all good on keeping it close to the vest. I presume most of the dealers who got LE allocations last generation are positioned to receive allocations this time around should Honda release another one.

Im not sure how it worked last time around. My dealer only received 1-2 fk8 per year and now getting 4 fl5s so hoping they land one.
Sponsored