• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I feel like everything I had read late last year said this.

teggyluv

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EG8, 23 FL5
20k all to Japan.

It coincides with the initial news canada would receive only ~500 or so over the 3 year run. It’s not the craziest thought to have the last ICE Type R heavily favour the Japanese market. It’s their car.

Great news for current FL5 owners.

michaeljf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Civic Type R LE
I'm still surprised Australia is getting 600-700 in our 2023 allocation.

Guess with Honda selling through an agency model they can set the price and how much profit they make directly. Plus perhaps being RHD and closer to Japan there are some other efficiencies.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
20k is how many orders they’ve received in Japan. They’re not saying they are going to fulfill all 20k orders. This is why they shut down their ordering system for the Japanese market. They’re severely backlogged for years!🤣

Other countries will still receive their pre-determined CTR allocations…from what I’ve read.

Basically, if you’re in Japan, you may be SoL if you haven’t placed an order yet. If you’re living outside of Japan, it’s appropriate to be nervous especially if you’re not near the top of a waiting list and were thinking you could wait a couple of years to easily get one. Keep in mind this is and always will be a limited production vehicle. But anyway, who really knows what the future may hold…except that the U.S. has the Acura ITS coming, which is looking like a very nice “GT” type of alternative. So, all is not lost if you can’t get your hands on a CTR. Better get on that ITS wait list tho!

Last edited:

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
I dunno why ppl keep mentioning ITS like its an acceptable substitute. It'll be bigger, heavier and more expensive with same powertrain. The Type S badge won't see anywhere near the same appreciation as the Type R badge. Snooze.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
I dunno why ppl keep mentioning ITS like its an acceptable substitute. It'll be bigger, heavier and more expensive with same powertrain. The Type S badge won't see anywhere near the same appreciation as the Type R badge. Snooze.
It’s 9/10th of a CTR. For a portion of the buying public, that will be more than enough. There are a lot of people who simply like the CTR because it’s a cool car, not because they’re after every last second of lap time.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I'd argue because the Type S badge has less hype, it's going to be cheaper. Even if MSRP is higher, I don't imagine dealers are going to be able to justify much of a markup if Acura cranks out a lot of them. Integras are sitting on lots and are going for MSRP even in regions where the Type R is going for 20k over and the Civic Si is going for 5k over.

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
It’s 9/10th of a CTR. For a portion of the buying public, that will be more than enough. There are a lot of people who simply like the CTR because it’s a cool car, not because they’re after every last second of lap time.
Also some like the dynamics of the FL5 but still feel the large wing and hatchback shape is still too much for them so the ITS is a more subdued alternative. My bro is on the list for one in case his plan to get another bimmer doesn’t work out. The FL5 still looks too ‘boy racer’ for him.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Also some like the dynamics of the FL5 but still feel the large wing and hatchback shape is still too much for them so the ITS is a more subdued alternative. My bro is on the list for one in case his plan to get another bimmer doesn’t work out. The FL5 still looks too ‘boy racer’ for him.
I think the ELS audio and the softer suspension (probably) will also be a selling point for those who use the car as a DD.

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
You're making too much sense. Stop it.

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
Go look at the track test impressions of the ITS. It’s no slouch. It inherits all the development put into the FL5 plus more development they are still doing
? Didn't know there was any confirmations of anything besides the engine getting more than a detuned CTR motor with 300+whp and FWD with LSD. Dual Axis Suspension, widened track/wheels/tires, etc is all unknowns. Even with the Civic Type-R, now that it's released, the designers said they had to work with a lot of the previous generation parts since they're trying to hit a budget number. Would assume similar for the ITS... gotta keep it below $50k or it's DOA and pretty much that's just the heated seats/wheel, leather, infotainment and sound deadening if just brought in direct off the CTR development.
Sponsored