• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 OEM Bass + Subwoofer Speaker Ring Upgrade

Fl5ap

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I wanted more subwoofer bass. Given what was available, which was $399 out of my price range, I decided to make my own 8" subwoofer speaker ring spacer to accommodate a subwoofer that I wanted.

As a result, see the pictures below. Mission accomplished.

Knowing there is others like me, I would like to offer this to others and wanted to gather an interest list so I can make this happen. I'm no engineer or sales/marketing expert. Just want to break even and share this efficient design. Please email me ([email protected]) or reply with your interest here.

My goal is to get these out in a month. I will close the initial order list in two weeks.

Respectfully,

-Anthony

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 OEM Bass + Subwoofer Speaker Ring Upgrade Snapchat-1219075422
Sponsored

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
What material is used and any estimate of cost? Thanks for offering. Seems worth it to purchase (pending cost) just in case I decide to install an aftermarket sub later on.

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Hey Noize .......... you can't have your module back ......... LOL
Haha! Bro, I don’t want it. I just didn’t really like the ITS module and reverted to the FL5 one pretty quickly. I hope you are enjoying it a ton, though!

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 CW CTR
Quick question about this. Can we swap in a subwoofer as easily as the FK8? I did it on my 21 and it was actually a decent upgrade just swapping from OEM. If yes I might be interested, hell I might even ask for the STL file.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TLX Type-S / 2023 Civic Type-R / 2024 HRV EXL
:thumbsup: I’m down for one, please offer them in black if possible.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I'm interested...

Are you happy with your audio improvements?

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 21 Porsche Cayman GT4, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Interested as well. I swapped my FK8 for the Fosgate sub and mini amp/bass knob and wasn’t impressed for all the time and effort but hope this is a better option.
The factory sub sound is a lot better in the FL5 that’s forsure.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
You know I'm interested even though I've got mine mounted, would clean it up a bit.
Sponsored