• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 OEM Bass + Subwoofer Speaker Ring Upgrade

FL5R-05967

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BB CTR, 93 NA Miata 72 Pontiac
Interested as well thanks!

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
That option is now $499 btw! :thumbsdown:

I'm 100% down to buy yours. I'm just wondering how to speaker is covered? Or do I leave it exposed?

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
I assume it’s not quite plug and play once you go for an aftermarket subwoofer because you’ll have to cut the clip off the end of the stock OEM harness to access the wires, correct? If someone made a clip that connected to the OEM harness and other end was standard speaker wire, I’d definitely be all for it.
but but but... connecting to the sub is super easy :oops: ..jk I get it. You're trying to maintain everything factory in case you wanna undo the sub work. Honestly, any reputable audio garage can make that for you. For all of us actually. They just need the car in person.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
I couldn't find plugs for the sub or the tweeters. The sub I connected using posi-connectors which are fantastic. I still have the original pigtail.

Truth is I'd never undo any of this work, if I was selling the car it's not worth it to pull and swap everything back and even though it is/will be a collector's car it's not a Buttati Royale so having non-OEM drivers... yeah, not gonna matter.

FL5CW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I wanted more subwoofer bass. Given what was available, which was $399 out of my price range, I decided to make my own 8" subwoofer speaker ring spacer to accommodate a subwoofer that I wanted.

As a result, see the pictures below. Mission accomplished.

Knowing there is others like me, I would like to offer this to others and wanted to gather an interest list so I can make this happen. I'm no engineer or sales/marketing expert. Just want to break even and share this efficient design. Please email me ([email protected]) or reply with your interest here.

My goal is to get these out in a month. I will close the initial order list in two weeks.

Respectfully,

-Anthony

Snapchat-1219075422.jpg

Add me to the list please! Thank you.

CleanFL5

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Interested in subwoofer ring. I did send you a email to on interest. Please let me know

TypeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-Rs!
I couldn't find plugs for the sub or the tweeters. The sub I connected using posi-connectors which are fantastic. I still have the original pigtail.

Truth is I'd never undo any of this work, if I was selling the car it's not worth it to pull and swap everything back and even though it is/will be a collector's car it's not a Buttati Royale so having non-OEM drivers... yeah, not gonna matter.
How does that kicker sub sound? Did you change anything else other than adding that ring and connecting it? Nice work man.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
How does that kicker sub sound? Did you change anything else other than adding that ring and connecting it? Nice work man.
That's not me - I did not use a ring or Kicker driver, I trimmed a Rockford driver's mounting ear down. It sounds like 5% better than stock? Total waste. I think a cheaper driver might do better and certainly would have been less money down the drain.

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic type R, MK7 GTI, Toyota 4x4
It would be nice if Honda had given us a separate sub volume level.

I'd like to know the sensitivity, ohms and frequency specs on the factory speaker. There is so much over spec'd junk out there now a days... I need to find an old school JBL, MB Quart or something like that.

Ac12

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Accord