• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 PRL HVI Intake Installed

isaelmel

First Name
Isael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Just did my intake install today took me about 2 hours ish. Install was pretty okay but the instructions didn’t really show some of the things I ran into during install.

Did a sound test afterwards and it sounds really good!!
Sponsored

ItsMeNickG

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
What things did you run into that weren’t in the instructions?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Everyone knows what this thing looks like. This is essentially the same picture on PRL's website. What does it sound like revving at idle, with the engine under load, drive bys, inside the cabin, outside the cabin, windows up, windows down? C'mon fellas lol

OP
OP

isaelmel

First Name
Isael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
What things did you run into that weren’t in the instructions?
So some of the things would be clips that are holding down cable harnesses to the ecu as well as the factory airbox. Took me a little while to figure them out but it wasn’t overly complicated.

OP
OP

isaelmel

First Name
Isael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Everyone knows what this thing looks like. This is essentially the same picture on PRL's website. What does it sound like revving at idle, with the engine under load, drive bys, inside the cabin, outside the cabin, windows up, windows down? C'mon fellas lol
Uploading a YT short of the windows down 2nd/3rd gear driving. It’s raining in Austin / Georgetown today so when it gets dry I’ll try to get a better clip!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec

First Name
Haden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 civic si, 23 civic type r
Just installed mine and got a bunch of system warnings? Did this happen to you and if so did they go away after some driving?

dblagnt

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Just installed mine and got a bunch of system warnings? Did this happen to you and if so did they go away after some driving?
Yes, anytime you disconnect the battery. You need to allow the computer time to recalibrate. Should go away after a few miles of driving.
Sponsored