• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 Spare Tire ?

mmdct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR Crystal Black Pearl
Has anyone installed an FL5 spare tire? My dealer said the FK8 kit (06421-TGH-A33ZA) won't fit. I would install the CONTINENTAL SCONTACT T125/70R18 tire.

Suggestions please... thank you
Sponsored

Iamblue03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes
I just found out about that fl5 doesn’t come with a flat tire kit. Thanks for bringing this up, and hopefully this is available for fl5 platform.

Dallman

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pilot, 1971 Triumph TR6, 2023 CTR
I have my spare from that kit and I have put the tire in a travel carrier for now. I'll carry it in the back when needed. There is another thread for this.

OP
OP
mmdct

mmdct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have my spare from that kit and I have put the tire in a travel carrier for now. I'll carry it in the back when needed. There is another thread for this.
Which thread?... I only found info for the FK8.

Dallman

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The spare is from the FK8 it will fit the car. The kit was set up to store the tire under the carpet, So the spare and the jack etc. I'm sure are
usable there just isn't a complete kit for the new car yet. I have mine in a carrier that i'll carry on trips.

OP
OP
mmdct

mmdct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clarification... the wheel will fit the car, but the cargo tray will be raised above normal height when the wheel is stowed.

How to solve that problem?

Dallman

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm waiting for my car. I'll see exactly what can be done. Maybe nothing if there is 5 inches difference in height. I lost about 3 inches with the kit.

Dallman

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm uploading some pictures. The first is the adapter cover that came with kit, the second is the orginal cover in car now, image 3 and 4 is tire and tools both sides, 5th is in the car the way i'm carring now, and the last is where the jack was stored. I don't know if there is going to be a pocket for the jack in the new car.
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Spare Tire ? IMG_3590
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Spare Tire ? IMG_3595
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Spare Tire ? IMG_3591
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Spare Tire ? IMG_3592
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Spare Tire ? IMG_3596
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Spare Tire ? IMG_3594

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
“Dallman” and “mmdct” posted some good information concerning the lack of a spare tire coming with the FL5. Has anyone has found a way to fit a spare tire beneath the cargo mat or to store it safely in the cargo area? Also, has anyone used the included compressor and sealant? It looks as though the sealant can’t be replaced or refilled, so is it “one and done?” Any information about the wheel specs, parts number, and recommended spare tire will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Sealant can't be used twice, that is correct. You can inflate your tire more than once with it however. It is a pump and has the ability to seal on a different setting.

It's probably 130 or so to replace that system.

Dallman

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my car yesterday. The tire is not going to fit under the tray. The jack has no place for storage under the tray either. The FK8 had a pocket on the drivers side to store it. I am downloading pictures on how I'll will travel with mine. I will find a padded bag for the jack. If I have the grandkids it can always be laid in the bag. So this is going to be my solution if some one comes up with something better please post.
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Spare Tire ? IMG_3613
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Spare Tire ? IMG_3612
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Spare Tire ? IMG_3610

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Thanks Don! Would you please share the vendor and part numbers for the wheel, tire, and tire cover? I like your set up, and like you will need to make accommodations for the grandkids.

Dallman

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I actually bought the kit from Honda for a 2019 type r. The tire cover was off bmw z4 that also didn’t have a spare. You can get them from Amazon, ebay etc. The kit includes the jack, tools, rim, and the pressboard cover. I bought the tire and took it to discount tire where they mounted it free. The under tray cover you will have to throw away.

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Thanks! You've been very helpful and it's appreciated.

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
You guys think there’s no realistic way to securely store it under the floor lid and come up with a combination of foam blocks to raise the floor the necessary amount? You guys are finding some good alternative solutions.
Sponsored