Sponsored

FL5 Transmission Fluid recommendation

johnloov

Senior Member
First Name
John
Joined
Jul 9, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
455
Reaction score
505
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
FL5
It’s very simple, get a transmission used oil analysis and adjust accordingly. I was honestly shocked to see how high the iron levels were the first time I got the change and then I thought it was an incorrect reading and that’s why I ran it again and it looks consistent. I know when I spoke to Jason with WOT, he was changing the transmission fluid very frequently. It is true that you should change more often initially, and I’ve already extended service intervals after first two transmission oil changes. This blackstone reports show clearly iron was very high on first oil change. And second was better but still needs a few more flushes.

My use-case is ~80% track use.
If you are just daily driving - check your lab results - you can probably follow service. I don’t have any data on daily driving intervals lab reports. It would be great if someone provided blackstone reports on that to compare.

If anyone has a different interpretation on the data. Please let me know.
Sponsored

 
Last edited:

Spart

Senior Member
Joined
May 31, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
305
Reaction score
427
Location
Midwest
Vehicle(s)
2025 Integra Type S
My use-case is ~80% track use.
Within a rounding error of 0% of people reading this thread are doing 80% of their miles on-track.

That's why your advice is utterly unrealistic.
 
 







Top