• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
You're over thinking this. Performance advantages will be imperceptible to most, if not everyone who gets behind the wheel of each of these cars. So the FL5 laps the Ring 1.4 seconds faster than the DE5, or the DE5 gets around Hockenheim 0.4 seconds faster than the FL5. Who cares? Will that one second really tip your hand one way or the other?
you’re absolutely right. I don’t even track my cars. Trust me I know I’m overthinking this. I’m driving my wife bananas watching YouTube videos at night.

I think I just like everything about the FL5 with the DE5 exhaust and tuning. For $5k Canadian it feels like you’re getting a lot.

Maybe ChatGPT will make the decision for me.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
you’re absolutely right. I don’t even track my cars. Trust me I know I’m overthinking this. I’m driving my wife bananas watching YouTube videos at night.

I think I just like everything about the FL5 with the DE5 exhaust and tuning. For $5k Canadian it feels like you’re getting a lot.

Maybe ChatGPT will make the decision for me.
I respect enhanced due diligence, that's me all the way. It has saved me many times over from making the wrong decision. The videos, forums, articles, word of mouth, seeing the cars in person are all helpful, but nothing trumps first hand experience. Have you driven the FL5 or DE5? If you haven't, I would make arrangements to get behind the wheel. The FL5 may be difficult to test drive in Canada, I get it, so perhaps get a ride along with a local or see if they'll be kind enough to let you drive it on a short test drive circuit.

I have found that what's good in theory, is not always what's good in practice. What I mean by that is: after driving the cars I guarantee something that has been universally discussed on YouTube, R&T or on these very forums as problematic or great about these cars you will not agree with or you will think it's not a big deal.

There's much made of the exhaust on the DE5. Better than the FL5, but overrated IMHO. @RUNN1N ' s take is right on:

"You wont hear much of the DE5's OEM exhaust with the windows closed. You won't hear much of the FL5's OEM exhaust with the windows open."

Even with the windows down in the DE5, you're not getting an exhaust symphony. And if you fancy aftermarket exhausts, the stock DE5 won't do it for you. Anyhow, good luck and let us know how this works out for you. As I've said, as have others, there's no right answer to this. It all comes down to your personal preference.

leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I’m driving my wife bananas watching YouTube videos at night.
Are you me? My wife is amazed that I've watched all the FL5 review videos out there and many of them multiple times. I'm just getting really antsy waiting for mine to get delivered. 😅

Blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
Are you me? My wife is amazed that I've watched all the FL5 review videos out there and many of them multiple times. I'm just getting really antsy waiting for mine to get delivered. 😅
lol, I just told my wife what you wrote. She said when you two are divorced. You already found your soulmate.

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
Im STILL stuck between these 2 cars and should get the call for both this year (spring/summer) sometime. As a Canadian yes the FL5 will be more rare but probably not much more rare as ITS arent exactly flying in (I've seen 1 of each FL5/ITS on the road). I think I will just take whichever car comes first tbh.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
lol, I just told my wife what you wrote. She said when you two are divorced. You already found your soulmate.
I've been enjoying occasional car content for years now, and it's still not unusual for my wife to walk in and go, "What is this? Is this someone just revving their engine? They're not even saying anything--is it supposed to sound like that? Or is this something they're trying to fix?"

Well, I've now spent the last few months partaking in occasional car content on devices while my wife is logged in, and she recently out of the blue brought up, "I was watching TikTok and got a video that was just someone wrecking a Mustang... I watched the whole thing expecting a joke, but nothing. It was just someone wrecking this car."

If I keep this up, slow and steady, the algorithm just might help my wife become a car person. :rofl:

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Where I live, it’s just a bunch of 25mph speed limit and speeding cameras. I do the same.
There aren't enough reviews that applaud this car's ability to go from 0-25, it's pretty phenomenal.

mopar_man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra Type S, Durango R/T, Civic Si
@Blade I too had a chance at both at MSRP. For me, on the closer side of 50 than 40, I just prefer the seats and looks of the ITS over the CTR. That’s really all it boiled down to. Once I had that figured out, the rest fell into place. I don’t believe there is a right or wrong answer here and I love the fact that we have the ability to order one or the other. They are both special cars in this day and age.

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Im STILL stuck between these 2 cars and should get the call for both this year (spring/summer) sometime. As a Canadian yes the FL5 will be more rare but probably not much more rare as ITS arent exactly flying in (I've seen 1 of each FL5/ITS on the road). I think I will just take whichever car comes first tbh.
Do Canadian FL5s come with heated seats?

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Damm, wishful thinking. If they did I would say FL5 all day, but if I lived in Canada I'd probably get the ITS just for the heated wheel and seats alone.

I know the Canadian Si has heated seats while the usdm doesn't, hence my question.
Sponsored