• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
@savagegeese did Acura say anything about limiting production or keeping the car scarce? Can we expect better availability than the FL5? Apologies if you already mentioned that somewhere and I missed it.
Sponsored

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
I think they said about 10% of their integrals will be Type S. I believe it was around 3600 a year. Someone correct me if Iā€™m wrong.

@savagegeese did Acura say anything about limiting production or keeping the car scarce? Can we expect better availability than the FL5? Apologies if you already mentioned that somewhere and I missed it.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Agreed. However, some cars just feel different ("special") when you drive them. Its the difference between driving something from A to B vs for fun. I'm actually a BMW person, never owned a Honda ever. Drove a 340i msport and M3 recently, didn't like it. It just felt plain.

Local dealership happened to have a FK8, so I decided to test it for kicks, even though for me it had all the wrong options lol - 4 cyl, "wrong" wheel drive, hatchback, cheap infotainment, etc. But that drive, made me sign up on this forum and put three deposits down for the FL5.

I haven't tested the S, but I hope its engaging like the R. If not, then that's the differentiator between and the S and the R.
I think they said about 10% of their integrals will be Type S. I believe it was around 3600 a year. Someone correct me if Iā€™m wrong.
Yeah 10% was mentioned not sure what the actual total number will be. The 3600 is an assumption and with a 19% manual transmission take rate it might be lower than we think.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
I was not told a specific number, it will be limited and similar to Type R production so 3600-5000. They are locked in to lower production to start based on supply chain purchasing. They can expand production later in product lifecycle if needed.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I was not told a specific number, it will be limited and similar to Type R production so 3600-5000. They are locked in to lower production to start based on supply chain purchasing. They can expand production later in product lifecycle if needed.
Are those Type R numbers just for North America? Because then 7200-10000 total FL5s and DE5s a year for North America seems like it should be enough to satisfy demand.

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Are those Type R numbers just for North America? Because then 7200-10000 total FL5s and DE5s a year for North America seems like it should be enough to satisfy demand.
First year Type R numbers globally were 4800. They had 10k orders just for japanese market. So for 2024 you can bet they will increase production quite a bit. So yes betwee ln type R and Type S should be around 10k a year.

Splice247

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Type R
Leather heated/cooled FL5 seats would be šŸ”„
nah, leather is way overrated. Only benifit to leather is easier to clean. You don't need cooling/heating on good fabric seats because it isn't cold to the touch or retain heat like leather does. They have to do something with all the cow hides we have from beef production, so a long time ago someone said hey! Lets make seats out of it that stick to your skin and burn you! I have cloth, leather, and FL5 Alcantara(faux suede) and FL5 is bar far my favorite material. Also a vast majority of automakers use faux leather now, including Honda/Acura.

Splice247

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Type R
my fingers still crossed šŸ¤ž for the return of the Integra Type R towards end of model line.
ITR (if Acura decides to bring it back), will probably have the CTR seats...
Acura have already stated there will be no "R". The type S is a street oriented sport model, if you want track focused move to the Type R. It is not part of their mission statement for Type S. If you notice Jon Rivers rarely mentions track in his videos. But I totally agree, stripped out Integra Type R would be sweet.

SKINNIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5
nah, leather is way overrated. Only benifit to leather is easier to clean. You don't need cooling/heating on good fabric seats because it isn't cold to the touch or retain heat like leather does. They have to do something with all the cow hides we have from beef production, so a long time ago someone said hey! Lets make seats out of it that stick to your skin and burn you! I have cloth, leather, and FL5 Alcantara(faux suede) and FL5 is bar far my favorite material. Also a vast majority of automakers use faux leather now, including Honda/Acura.
Broo Thatā€™s where the heated/cooling function comes in play. Lmao

+1 leather easier to clean.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
Agree with it or not, the ā€œmatureā€ descriptions weā€™re seeing have everything to do with the lack of wing. A lot of people, even enthusiasts, despise wings on street cars. Some of us might not care, but for many others, the idea of taking co-workers to lunch in something like an FL5 (bright red seats, ā€œgiantā€ wing, Honda badge) is just anathema.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
It's all perspective, to me the wing is pretty mild on the FL5 - it's black and isn't all that flashy IMO. On the other hand, the #1 comment I've gotten about it is how it has a big wing. /shrugs

The ITS is a nice car for someone in that sliver of the market looking for a moderately upscale sports sedan with a manual but doesn't care about driven wheels.

But...

I prefer the interior design of the Civic vs Integra, I prefer the exterior design of the FL5 over the DE5, I "demand" performance seating, and to me the DE5 missed the other items that would help sway me like that rear air vent. I don't mind that I paid the same as the MSRP of the DE5 either to be completely honest, if they were priced the same... I'd still choose the FL5 for the reasons above.

I am jealous of the much better stock exhaust note and presumably easier-to-upgrade audio system (ELS isn't 2ohm crap I hope).

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
As people in the Honda/Acura community we should be thankful that they are producing not one, but two badass cars for us to enjoy and celebrate! We could be Nissan or Subaru fanboys insteadā€¦

Most of us that were following the FL5 launch were well aware that the DE5 was coming and would be a street version of basically the same car. It delivered fully on what we expected and is a great alternative for someone not willing to wait or strictly wants the car for street driving. Both are suitable daily drivers and we are all comparing such small differences in the grand scheme of things. I look forward to seeing a DE5 in person sometime soon and organizing a cruise/meet when there are enough cars in the wild.
Sponsored