• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
As people in the Honda/Acura community we should be thankful that they are producing not one, but two badass cars for us to enjoy and celebrate! We could be Nissan or Subaru fanboys instead…

Most of us that were following the FL5 launch were well aware that the DE5 was coming and would be a street version of basically the same car. It delivered fully on what we expected and is a great alternative for someone not willing to wait or strictly wants the car for street driving. Both are suitable daily drivers and we are all comparing such small differences in the grand scheme of things. I look forward to seeing a DE5 in person sometime soon and organizing a cruise/meet when there are enough cars in the wild.
Great perspective! :thumbsup:
Sponsored

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
@savagegeese I was curious if you ever had the chance to test on track the CTR in +R mode with VSA OFF vs Individual mode with VSA disabled (service mode via pedal dance). I know in service mode it disables it even more, as it also disables Agile Handling Assist which will use front/rear brakes to help the car rotate and such. I ask because on the ITS you can only do the latter, and that's how you set the time. If you haven't I'd be curious if you might in the future and see if there's a difference in lap times.

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
@savagegeese

Im a young guy and got an msrp allocation for integra type s, i feel its expensive for what it is (even though) I can easily afford it. Will I regret not getting this 20years down the line? How does this car compare to:

1) m240i if I can get half price? Manual.

2) honda Si + S2000 two car garage?

3) or old 997 base, manual, with a random beater like an old civic or volvo

they are all similar price combos

VT Skier

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 SGP
Any word on whether/when Acura will build a PMC edition?

BigBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
would you say the Potenza Sport are equals to the PS4S?

At the end of the day, it's pretty much the same thing overall. a couple tenths here and there, it's not a over a second or anything like that.

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
would you say the Potenza Sport are equals to the PS4S?

At the end of the day, it's pretty much the same thing overall. a couple tenths here and there, it's not a over a second or anything like that.
That one lap was the first time I ever drove the ITS and was only timed lap. Chances are it would be slightly faster. But my a slim margin.

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
That one lap was the first time I ever drove the ITS and was only timed lap. Chances are it would be slightly faster. But my a slim margin.

Im a young guy and got an msrp allocation for integra type s, i feel its expensive for what it is (even though) I can easily afford it. Will I regret not getting this 20years down the line? How does this car compare to:

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R

I mean it depends on where you are at in your car life cycle. What you value and what turns you on dictates the choice. I will say the Integra will be around for a while and will likely hold it's value but its not some serialized specialty car. You could get one a few years from now.

An S2000 really is a weekend car depending where you are at, and the Si would serve you well as a daily. 997 Carries some risks to maintain and work on compared to the other cars.

If it were me probably, Id be more happy with a nice SI and an S2000, best of both worlds.

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
@savagegeese thoughts on MTs testing? Something seems off with these numbers based on what you found

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2024-acura-integra-type-s-first-test-review/
My guess is they had issues with launches. The extra TQ down low would mean worse traction off the line. Also another factor is despite my FL5 making normal HP it could also be down on power compared to other Type Rs or the ITS we had made more power than normal. Regardless we know in real world the ITS will always be fast mid range. I mean shit its the same engine end of the day so...

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
nah, leather is way overrated. Only benifit to leather is easier to clean. You don't need cooling/heating on good fabric seats because it isn't cold to the touch or retain heat like leather does. They have to do something with all the cow hides we have from beef production, so a long time ago someone said hey! Lets make seats out of it that stick to your skin and burn you! I have cloth, leather, and FL5 Alcantara(faux suede) and FL5 is bar far my favorite material. Also a vast majority of automakers use faux leather now, including Honda/Acura.
Actually, VERY few cars except those that are $$$$$ have real leather seats. You’d be surprised. If you see a normal, production, car with “leather,” this leather is only applied in some places (touch points), like the front surface of the seats and steering wheel. The rest is faux leather. The hides from beef stock have too many imperfections for full leather seats. That stuff is used at Ashley Furniture and the weird leather store at the mall.🤣

Estoril4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport Mt, 2017 Toyota 4runner XP, 2014 Audi S4, 2017 CBP Type R
My guess is they had issues with launches. The extra TQ down low would mean worse traction off the line. Also another factor is despite my FL5 making normal HP it could also be down on power compared to other Type Rs or the ITS we had made more power than normal. Regardless we know in real world the ITS will always be fast mid range. I mean shit its the same engine end of the day so...
I'm most curious to see a comparison of lap times between the two on a rougher track surface. I think the type R may be in trouble depending on track..

Also I never heard back from your channel on my pool boy audition. Very disappointed.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
The only time I think an ITS could be faster is on a track with lots of straights and/or longer straights, like VIR for example. It doesn’t matter to me though. I didn’t buy my FL5 because I thought it would beat all competitors everywhere.
Sponsored