• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Fuck em! Car will probably be repoed soon anyway if buyer was a dumbass and couldn't afford it in the first place.

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
I agree that scalpers suck. And this is the reason why dealerships overprice these cars. It doesn't justify either side however.

What I do think is that it's unfair that there was an individual here on the island that bought 3 Type Rs in 2017-2018 and flipped them all for profit. This was back when the "Type R tax" was about 5-6k over MSRP.

That's capitalism for ya. I love it in other ways because we have the freedom to purchase what we want and from other competitors. If this guy's intent was to purely scalp the car then that's just karma.

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Fuck em! Car will probably be repoed soon anyway if buyer was a dumbass and couldn't afford it in the first place.
Sorry, he paid cash. Go back and read his comments on the auction site. Further more, he doesn’t have to sell, and didn’t pay that sticker price for the car. He just won’t say how much he paid though!
Regards

11th Gen Honda Civic Flipper pays $20k over sticker and can’t sell 2023 Type R 1674326726650

Last edited:

mcharity

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Meh what else could he say? He paid cash so he has between $60k to 70k in cash sitting in the car. But he doesn’t “need to sell” so he doesn’t need the cash. So why auction it in the first place?

“Plus it’s not what I do for a Living”… no clue what that means.

“Now I will enjoy my car to the fullest”…dude you paid substantially over MSRP in cash, cash that you said you don’t need. Why are you not enjoying it? You paid the markup just to have it but didn’t plan on enjoying it?

“No matter if it’s a Civic or any other (lower connotation) Car”….dude you supposedly have 60k in cash available for a fun toy. Yet you’re worried about someone saying it’s “only a civic”. That only applies to the price discussion. People seeing you drive around don’t know what you paid.

“Sorry I was MIA with work”…dude you just admitted this is your first auction. You’re putting one of the first FL5’s that you paid $20k over just to have and bought less than 30 days ago up for auction and over the past 7 days not one time did you find time to look at the auction.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
So, this guy bought it under his business, and he paid 8k over sticker for it so OTD using Florida tax it would come out to about $61k. I guarantee he bought it solely to flip it, so that message about now I will enjoy the masterpiece is all BS.

As much as people hate dealerships, they'd much rather give them the 8k and be the first to fart in the seat than enable this guy

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
He may have to wait 5 years. It will be like an S2k CR at some point 10-15 years down the pike. All signs point to this thing being much much rarer than the FK8.
From a pure business/ money perspective I could see his play but from my enthusiast lens I fall in the “what a doosh” camp.

CTR39322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Exactly, so he expected to get over 61k at the auction. For 60k you can find a new one.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
He may have to wait 5 years. It will be like an S2k CR at some point 10-15 years down the pike. All signs point to this thing being much much rarer than the FK8.
From a pure business/ money perspective I could see his play but from my enthusiast lens I fall in the “what a doosh” camp.
People would've respected it more if he actually held on to it like you said, than try to flip a car with delivery miles on it. Especially when most enthusiasts still haven't even seen the damn thing in person yet.

mcharity

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So, this guy bought it under his business, and he paid 8k over sticker for it so OTD using Florida tax it would come out to about $61k. I guarantee he bought it solely to flip it, so that message about now I will enjoy the masterpiece is all BS.

As much as people hate dealerships, they'd much rather give them the 8k and be the first to fart in the seat than enable this guy
Are we sure it was only 8k? My dealer has been in the $17k range and miiight drop it to $15k.

This guy bought the car out of Miami I assume the dealer would be pretty firm at a $15k markup.

mcharity

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Personally I think this will be just like the S2K for the worst. S2K’s don’t have crazy values because there’s so many low mileage ones. The thing people need to realize is if everyone saves the car because “one day it’ll be special”, it’ll never be special.

Clean ITR’s are worth a lot because so many have been ratted and destroyed that a clean one is a rarity. If clean ITR’s were a dime a dozen their values would be much lower

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Personally I think this will be just like the S2K for the worst. S2K’s don’t have crazy values because there’s so many low mileage ones. The thing people need to realize is if everyone saves the car because “one day it’ll be special”, it’ll never be special.

Clean ITR’s are worth a lot because so many have been ratted and destroyed that a clean one is a rarity. If clean ITR’s were a dime a dozen their values would be much lower
This production run will be much more limited, not to mention the last full ice type r. The same points that have been made over and over. Right now some are holding out to get lower adms, time will tell but at some point there will be a realization of the much lower overall production to the US. I would not be surprised at a count fewer than 6k total to the US. Banks are tightening up right now though which will make it more difficult to get financing and will maybe put some downward pressure on adms in the short term.

In the end the car IS super special and highly limited. Not GRC M edition limited but still very limited.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Are we sure it was only 8k? My dealer has been in the $17k range and miiight drop it to $15k.

This guy bought the car out of Miami I assume the dealer would be pretty firm at a $15k markup.
Yup I’m sure, it was bought from Braman Honda.
Sponsored