• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
why is this thread still going?
Busted. We were going to stop this thread about ten posts back, but we all agreed to keep it running just to annoy you.
Sponsored

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
This: My point exactly- why go to 19's and still have a 30 sidewall? Instead of a 40 or at least a 35?
It should still be a bit taller since the section width is wider. I'm guessing they wanted to keep as much turn-in feel as possible.

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
This: My point exactly- why go to 19's and still have a 30 sidewall? Instead of a 40 or at least a 35?
Maybe because they're going for a specific diameter range in mind? Quite possibly because of individuals like yourself who like the smallish sidewall for aesthetic reasons. Going 40 or even 35 profile is going to get complaints from those who are aesthetics based as, "the Championship White Type R with 18's I saw once just looked weird. Maybe it drove better. Maybe it didn't." But with the change they're still getting additional sidewall and keeping most of the aesthetic. It's not rolling 20's like people want to say but that's just a bragging number and has nothing to do with performance for those focused more on that. Again, those serious about pulling performance out of the car will likely be using 18's and I think you already know your response to putting those on it stock.
Sponsored