• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic EX-T coupe
They’ve always had a SI coupe and sedan and since the coupe is existence you would figure they would have a SI hatchback too offer two different body types. Over this past weekend I stopped at a dealership to see the 2022 civic I’ll wait until the hatchback comes out to see what it offers
Sponsored

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
OT:

The ND2 with the GT-S package (2019+) is Miata perfected. I still pine for one even though I’ve an ND1. The next gen will be electrified (confirmed by Mazda) so get ‘em while they’re hot! They depreciate quite a bit during the first 3 years before the pandemic.
What do they mean by electrified though? Some automakers take that to mean going to an electric alternator - but the engine and drivetrain remains internal combustion.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Are they going to finally update the ILX before Hell freezes over?
Yes but it won’t be called the ILX anymore. Right now Honda Mfg is doing shell testing of the compact sedan in the paint shop area. As of right now from what I’ve read is that non have been fully built at the factory. There is prototypes on the road though just nobody has spied them. I feel as though Acura is testing them at night and at there test track.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
Yes but it won’t be called the ILX anymore. Right now Honda Mfg is doing shell testing of the compact sedan in the paint shop area. As of right now from what I’ve read is that non have been fully built at the factory. There is prototypes on the road though just nobody has spied them. I feel as though Acura is testing them at night and at there test track.
So those prototypes are Frankenstein/Chimera test mules with no production body panels?
Whatever it is, Acura is doing a great job hiding it.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
So those prototypes are Frankenstein/Chimera test mules with no production body panels?
Whatever it is, Acura is doing a great job hiding it.
Basically lol. They are just for retooling to get everything ready for mass production. Should be revealed around November/December.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ridgeline RTL-E, 2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S
Ridgelines are extremely comfortable and very useful. For something smaller and cheaper, the $20K Ford Maverick Hybrid gets 40 MPG and is big enough to haul any appliance sold at your local hardware store. :)

nowaytoescape

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
The ILX won’t have all of the Si goodies unless you get the Type S though.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Basically lol. They are just for retooling to get everything ready for mass production. Should be revealed around November/December.
That reveal should be very interesting for the brand.

“Some people are saying…” that in an increasingly SUV market, a brand that’s done far better with their SUVs than sedans should’ve added another SUV to their lineup.

If this new Acura sedan doesn’t excite I’m getting an SUV and something else fun to drive in the summers. An electric Grom would be my preference Honda … in case you’re listening… jk… we all know you aren’t lol.

DmhCmh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring, 2002 Mazda Miata LS
I was holding out hope for an Si hatch, but disappointed. Oh well, a reflashed ST with more power will have to do.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I was holding out hope for an Si hatch, but disappointed. Oh well, a reflashed ST with more power will have to do.
I wasn’t happy with all the wheel spin in my Sport hatch. Even with Pilot Sport AS3s. And worse on winter tires. Not going back to an open diff.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
There’s a huge price gap between a loaded Sport Touring (~$30k) and CTR (~$39k) for Honda to slot in a mildly-hot hatch. Other manufacturers have been and will be targeting that price point. A detuned 2.0T on the Accord makes 252hp, right? Go out with a bang, SiR!
People, including auto journalists who presumably should know better, talk like Honda doesn’t do this or that to the Si because it will “steal sales from the Type R.” No, they don’t do it because these are low-volume cars and it does not make sense to dump a bunch of development dollars into them. CTR does because it acts as a “halo car” that works for branding and to impart credibility to other models. Beyond that we’re kind of lucky some engineers and execs at American Honda have been able to keep the Si alive at all. If it weren’t a bit of a parts bin car then it wouldn’t survive.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ridgeline RTL-E, 2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S
I wasn’t happy with all the wheel spin in my Sport hatch. Even with Pilot Sport AS3s. And worse on winter tires. Not going back to an open diff.
I'll second that! If nothing else, the Si's LSD is arguably THE single most important component. All the other differences are incremental, but the LSD fundamentally changes how the vehicle is propelled. The wheel spin in the Accord 2.0T and FWD RDX is almost as comical as FWD Mazda's with the 2.5T. :)
Sponsored