• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How much HP you think these upgrades will make?

awill_89

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Hi guys, I am fairly new to the modding scene. I purchased the FL5 about 4 months ago and just wanted to have a bit of more fun with the car. My goal is to get 550 - 600 hp and at the same time of course not damage the car in the process. I've been told to leave it stock (non car people) for a while to not void warranty and to wait for people to mod and go from there. I didn't listen... I'm going full YOLO on this. Obviously I don't want to break anything and be stupid so I have been daily looking for people that have done mods and listening to advice from my tuner (has worked on a ton of FK8s) on how I can get that power and still have it as a daily. These are current mods I have installed

- Spoon Springs
- Cobra Sport Exhaust System
- Pipercross Intake
- PLM Power Driven Catted Downpipe
- Hondata Flash Pro Tune

These are the remaining mods the I have ordered and will be installed altogether when the Intercooler is delivered eta 8/24. Everything else I have on hand just waiting on intercooler delivery.

- PRL Intercooler
- PRL Front Pipe Upgrade
- PRL P700 Turbo Upgrade
- Hondata in tank low pressure fuel pump kit
- Hondata Fuel System Kit includes:

High flow ethanol rated in-tank low pressure fuel pump
High flow ethanol rated low pressure fuel line
High flow direct injection fuel pump
High flow high pressure fuel line
High flow fuel injectors
Multiple calibrations starting with an increase of 90 lb-ft torque and57 hp over stock with intercooler and high flow cat. (FlashProneeded)

I would like to get your guys advice on if there is anything else I should be worrying about that I should bring up to my tuner who will also be doing the install or just your advice in general about the whole thing. Like I said this is my first car modding so a lot of my knowlege is from looking at what I see on the internet and not actual experience and since this board is full of people that do this all the time would love to hear any advise you have! Thank you!
Sponsored

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Anything outside of a tune and basic bolt ons is a recipe for grenading over time. Especially the new turbo.

albi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Triple check and make sure your tuner is familiar and qualified since many tuners (even reputable ones) are not proficient in tuning the R platform. I would get the dyno sheets from them to make sure. Please do not take this as me saying they are not good, but many tuners think they are tuning it well, but you send the data logs to someone who really knows the platform and there are issues galore with the tune.

A FBO, FSU, custom tune, and E blend can net you 500+whp. Look at DRob for examples, he tuned @Two Step Performance through various stages, and recently hit 500 with these mods:

Stock internal K20C1
Stock clutch
RV6 Performance "R660" turbocharger
TSP downpipe
PRL Motorsports intercooler
Stock airbox
Milltek exhaust
Hondata fuel system upgrade
Hondata FlashPro

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I agree with @albi, tuner selection is critical to doing this safely and effectively.

Your power output will heavily depend on what type of fuel you are using. Assuming a pretty standard reading dyno, I'd estimate 430whp on 93 octane and in the ballpark of 500whp on an E30 blend if you are going that route.

In time, when Hondata improves their software offering for the FL5 (more features to more closely mimic FK8 options) you can look forward to more power.
Sponsored