• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jchartman96

First Name
Jishua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback 22
I’m stuck on the jacknuts installed can’t for the life of my figure out the fucking rivet tool. Also just tried to see if the sealers would fit good and they are ENORMOUS! Are they suppose to be bigger than the hole?
Sponsored

OP
OP
HondaPro

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Ohhh nooo... ???‍♂. The only thing I can suggest is to remove the hatch interior plastic. Then close the hatch and drill straight down at each hole. Then open the hatch and drill out the plastic enough to get a socket in there. Then silicone adhesive the holes before you bolt it all together. Uss washers and locknuts.. toplocks or nylock

Last edited:

Jchartman96

First Name
Jishua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback 22
Th
Yes, exactly. But the provided washer rubber seals were a joke. The gap was sooo tight they just wouldn't fit. Also with the right hole saw the hole is cut so clean. You don't need to try to clean up burs. Their were none.

Ways Honda could improve the install would be to include clean new Hex bolts with separate locktite. Better quality Rivet nuts that wouldn't bend so easy. The Philips head bolts supplied requires down force that pushes / bending the rivnuts causing the back side to slip. But if you use clean hex bolts and add dabs of locktite it would require "No" down force just turning force drawing it up tight. ?

Screenshot_20220108-155645_Gallery.jpg
I tried using different tools to get the rubber/sponge seals.. It’s not happening. I just went out and bought some special silicone to use. That should work as good.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Well I did leave out a few things. Like the hatch shocks install upgrade that was included with the spoiler. Removing and reinstalling the hatch interior trim piece held with 2 screws in the handles. Kinds hidden. And I scrapped the rubber seals and put silicone adhesive because the space was very tight to work them in between the metals.

11th Gen Honda Civic HPD spoiler INSTALL on 2022 CIVIC HATCHBACK - DIY writeup & pics psx_20220102_003646-
Looks fantastic. BTW, what are your wheels????

Last edited:

Jchartman96

First Name
Jishua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback 22
Ohhh nooo... ???‍♂. The only thing I can suggest is to remove the hatch interior plastic. Then close the hatch and drill straight down at each hole. Then open the hatch and drill out the plastic enough to get a socket in there. Then silicone adhesive the holes before you bolt it all together. Uss washers and locknuts.. toplocks or nylock
Is there a way I can ditch the jacknuts and do something else? Thanks for your response!

OP
OP
HondaPro

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, upgrading to a higher quantity steel Rivet nut sounds like a good idea. ?

Jchartman96

First Name
Jishua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback 22
Yes, upgrading to a higher quantity steel Rivet nut sounds like a good idea. ?
I made a massive mistake and ended up taking my car to pepboys to get it installed. Long story short, Jack nuts were installed. Got loose while trying to installed the left foot. And one got stripped. Never go to pepboys to install a spoiler. I went to honda and ended up paying over $600. Talk about an expensive lesson.. I could only imagine the talk behind close door's there about this situation. But can't say I blame them though. Just happy it's done, and done right.

OP
OP
HondaPro

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, a screw driven rivet nut requires downforce stretching/ loosening. It's a flaw in the hardware that needs corrections. ?

Jchartman96

First Name
Jishua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback 22
This is mine so far. Needs some tint/ and a little chrome deleted on the window trim and I’ll be satisfied…
Maybe ?
Yes, a screw driven rivet nut requires downforce stretching/ loosening. It's a flaw in the hardware that needs corrections. ?

Attachments

CeeBee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT - '21 Civic Hatch EX
Dealer install video

Siva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic
Yes, exactly. But the provided washer rubber seals were a joke. The gap was sooo tight they just wouldn't fit. Also with the right hole saw the hole is cut so clean. You don't need to try to clean up burs. Their were none.

Ways Honda could improve the install would be to include clean new Hex bolts with separate locktite. Better quality Rivet nuts that wouldn't bend so easy. The Philips head bolts supplied requires down force that pushes / bending the rivnuts causing the back side to slip. But if you use clean hex bolts and add dabs of locktite it would require "No" down force just turning force drawing it up tight. ?

Screenshot_20220108-155645_Gallery.jpg
The real reason why you could not insert the included washer rubber seals was that in the process of drill the plastic shell you were also creating "burr" on the bottom side and that burr took up the space you need to insert the washer. While working on my spoiler I also ran into this problem and I was like there is not enough space for the washer but then I knew there should be enough space since I saw it in the dealer installation video. And then I carefully inspect the spot to see what is going on and I saw burr. I used a box cutting knife with a fresh new blade and pointy tip, carefully and easily cut out the burr.

Also, I think you didn't set the included jack nut properly because in the deal installation video they seem to work just fine but the guy seemed to use a great amount of force to set the jack nut.
Sponsored