• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Interior noises - rattles, creaks, squeaks!

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Ok so I’ve had my car for a couple of weeks now and I have to say 2 things are driving me crazy right now. 1. The glove box constantly rattles / creaks, etc. 2. My drivers seat is squeaking some too. It’s like whatever plastic they used is super noisy. Anyone else notice this? My 2020 sport hatch had neither of these issues. It’s starting to make me question the build quality.
Sponsored

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
Glove box should be an easy fix. Seats are specific to that model but everything is under warranty so don't accept less than satisfactory, you paid for it.

OP
OP
ncryptm3

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
So much for Japanese build quality. Mutiple review cars had all sorts of rattles from the screen and squeaking seats. I chucked it to being preproduction.
I was hoping for some great build quality but this has put a damper in the excitement and making question the purchase. It’s unfortunate.

OP
OP
ncryptm3

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Glove box should be an easy fix. Seats are specific to that model but everything is under warranty so don't accept less than satisfactory, you paid for it.
I was thinking the same. I was like I could felt line it or something and then I thought, no, it shouldn’t be like this. I paid a ton of money for this. My 2020 didn’t do this and it only cost me 22k otd.

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
Ok so I’ve had my car for a couple of weeks now and I have to say 2 things are driving me crazy right now. 1. The glove box constantly rattles / creaks, etc. 2. My drivers seat is squeaking some too. It’s like whatever plastic they used is super noisy. Anyone else notice this? My 2020 sport hatch had neither of these issues. It’s starting to make me question the build quality.
I'm having a similar issue with mine. Sound comes from the right while I drive and when I let my dad drive for a bit I hear it from the left so it's a center issue on the plastic or something that's rattling. Having mine looked at the day I get the ceramic on the 23rd. Hope your issue gets fixed as well.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TLX Type-S / 2023 Civic Type-R / 2024 HRV EXL
Zero noise issues from the seat or glove box with mine had the car for over a week and 600 miles on the car. Take it to the dealer and have them have a look at it:hmm:

crash___

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, CW FL5
damn, that's super unfortunate. at 1300 miles now, interior noise i hear is mild vibration in the dash as i accelerate, but nothing major to complain about

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
First production run always going to be the buggiest. Take it to the dealer.
This is exactly why I always abstain from first year production models. Bugs, issues, recalls, etc. it’s inevitable, even on a Civic.
Sponsored