• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Interior noises - rattles, creaks, squeaks!

Dallman

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pilot, 1971 Triumph TR6, 2023 CTR
I finished breaking mine in today. I have the buzz from where the seat belt bolts into the pillar. Has anyone had it fixed? I'm taking mine in tomorrow.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
I feel your pain. Chasing rattles sucks and in my experience theyā€™re nearly impossible to sort out. Eventually they get worse or another place develops a rattle/squeak.

What irks me most with these new performance cars is that they spend more time being fixed than they do being driven. I see this all the freakin time, but most folks are in denial. Iā€™m glad people here are honest about it.

On the e36 M3, I havenā€™t been able to fix the infamous rattling/sagging glovebox. Many have tried and got close, but itā€™s just a shit design to begin with.

Do I think Honda dealerships can fix most of these rattles/squeaks by swapping parts left and right? - No, I honestly donā€™t. Plus, once you start taking the damn thing apart, breaking clips, loosening the gaps, etc. itā€™s only going to result in more rattles. I suppose you never know whoā€™s doing the work and how meticulous they are about it.

OP
OP
ncryptm3

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
That sucks. I figured the seat creak would come back since there are a number of people with the same issue. This means it is a design flaw either caused by material choice, finish choice, or geometric design deficiency.

if enough people have the issue and bring the car in for it than Honda corporate will hold the vendor to task assuming the financials to fix the issue start piling up. Then the seat vendor will possibly revise the design.

DIGITALVIC

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
My seat squeak has not come back since my service visit (knock on wood). Itā€™s been 2 months, granted, I havenā€™t driven much. Service tech heavily lubed the pivoting points from the lower seat frame and track rails.

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
This is exactly why I always abstain from first year production models. Bugs, issues, recalls, etc. itā€™s inevitable, even on a Civic.
Lolololol

OP
OP
ncryptm3

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
there is a TSB for the infotainment rattle. Just take it to your Honda dealership and they will do the fix for free
I referenced this and they said it wasnā€™t for my model. I contacted Honda Corporate and I am opening a case with them on all these issues. When I dropped my car off at the dealer they directed me to call corporate at this point.

DagCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I referenced this and they said it wasnā€™t for my model. I contacted Honda Corporate and I am opening a case with them on all these issues. When I dropped my car off at the dealer they directed me to call corporate at this point.
Really?! On the TSB it literally says ā€œall modelsā€ I took that as all civic hatch modelsā€¦..which the type r is based off of

OP
OP
ncryptm3

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Really?! On the TSB it literally says ā€œall modelsā€ I took that as all civic hatch modelsā€¦..which the type r is based off of
Yea thatā€™s what Honda Corporate told me. Not sure why.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
Thereā€™s a video on YouTube. It looks really easy to do. For your sake, Iā€™d just go ahead and do it myself. Plus I hate letting dealers touch my car

Sponsored