• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Interior noises - rattles, creaks, squeaks!

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
They really need to do something about wireless carplay. Running GPS is more dangerous than it's worse with how it constantly messes up
are you having issues with wireless CarPlay? For my car every once in awhile (maybe once every other week) the computer is a little slow to initiate the connection with the phone but I found if I just give it a few minutes it takes care of itself without needing to restart the car.

OP
OP
ncryptm3

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
If anyone is having CarPlay issues, I’d suggest making a separate thread just to get more specific eyes on it. The only issue I have is the relentless reconnecting even after a disconnect. Not really an issue though.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Are we sure this is a Honda issue? Or is it an apple issue?

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah, I don’t think that has been determined with any certainty. Also agree a separate thread should be started…unless phone connectivity is squeaking and rattling.🤣

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
I’ve got a few buzzes, none seem to full-time. A little from the driver’s seatbelt adjuster on occasion - but never for long. Had a buzz coming from somewhere in the front center when I was driving on rough pavement. So far not a problem.

Bpebler

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ram, 20 Durango, 00 Cherokee, 99 Trans Am
The more expensive Type R with the same parts on the ITS - ehh, not so much. Pretty close, I agree. I’ll reserve some comments until we get those facts in April. But if Acura dealerships near me aren’t planning on jumping on the ADM train, then theoretically I’ll get an ITS for less. They’re marking up the CTR 10k near me where as my Acura dealer is saying so far no ADM but also saying they can’t say 100% no ADM until they get pricing & can lock me in.

I’ve spoiled myself with these stupid loaded trucks & now I want these ridiculous creature comforts that never were a factor to me before.

I still think I’d prefer to be out of my truck & in a CTR right now though. But I’m not giving away free money to butthole dealerships either.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Ehh…this is the chat thread for Civic XI interior noises @Bpebler

Bpebler

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ehh…this is the chat thread for Civic XI interior noises @Bpebler
Right, but this is a direct reply to a comment in this thread.

There’s a potential recall on the CTR seat frames due to noise from what I’m hearing & I’d like to keep an eye on any differences or changes in that area from the Honda to Acura platform if there will be any. So that’s one main reason I’m here.

So between the lines a little maybe, but still directly related to topic at hand. Also, that’s what moderators are for.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
It felt like a bit of a non sequitur to be fair, although I can see how it ties in - I also thought Bpebler might have posted in the wrong thread.

I think the Type-S will complete the entry-level luxury feel the CTR is oh-so close to. The squeaks and rattles though I wouldn't expect to be any different since this is going to be a 90% recycle.

Bpebler

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for any confusion.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Well, newer Acuras tend to have more/better sound damping throughout, so I would expect less interior rattles in general than a Civic, though not entirely eliminated in the ITS.