• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Interior noises - rattles, creaks, squeaks!

tfcivicfl5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
My seat started squeaking after 800 miles thought I would be immune guess not.

Any long term fix outside of dealer replacing rails or seat? Wd40?
Sponsored

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Im starting to notice a buzzing rattle in the left window whenever its all the way up​

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
@Rhorn Remember back when I said rattling windows is kind of a Honda thing? Indeed, even my 2020 MDX windows rattle a little bit when rolled down, but theyā€™re much more damped than in Hondas Iā€™ve owned/driven/sat in and it isnā€™t distracting. They definitely donā€™t rattle when up. With that said, my FL5ā€™s windows seem totally fine and certainly donā€™t rattle when up. I havenā€™t driven enough with them partially down to see if they rattle in that instance (weather hasnā€™t been great since I took delivery). Iā€™ve tested it a little bit and didnā€™t notice any obvious problems, though. I was surprised. I assume youā€™ve messed with the seatbelt? Where rattles are coming from can be elusive.

Last edited:

Bsnyder6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2005 Wrangler
To those with squeaky seat frames.... Honda is likely going to be issuing a recall. I had my car in this past weekend to replace the lower frame, and they had to stop after receiving word that they have to send the part back. Sounds like Honda will be sending a recall letter to all Type R owners before too long. At least that what my dealership told me.

Last edited:

Bsnyder6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My seat started squeaking after 800 miles thought I would be immune guess not.

Any long term fix outside of dealer replacing rails or seat? Wd40?
Spoken with several other owners on here or Reddit and the only permanent fix seems to be total frame replacement. One guy had his reinforced somehow and the issue came back. Couple others the connection points greased up, but were only temporary fixes.

In my personal journey with this, I've had the upper frame swapped so far...slightly better than before. Was going to have the lower swapped this past weekend until the dealership got a notice the morning of my appointment to send the part back...recalls are coming.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Looks like Tedward is having the same problem with the seat squeaking

OP
OP
ncryptm3

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Spoken with several other owners on here or Reddit and the only permanent fix seems to be total frame replacement. One guy had his reinforced somehow and the issue came back. Couple others the connection points greased up, but were only temporary fixes.

In my personal journey with this, I've had the upper frame swapped so far...slightly better than before. Was going to have the lower swapped this past weekend until the dealership got a notice the morning of my appointment to send the part back...recalls are coming.
I was told they would replace the entire frame next. Apparently they only replaced one part of the seat frame the first time I got it ā€œfixed.ā€

OP
OP
ncryptm3

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
This piece of plastic was causing the rattle and squeaking by the glove box. Itā€™s at the bottom left. I showed my dealer and they put some foam in there and it hasnā€™t rattled since.

11th Gen Honda Civic Interior noises - rattles, creaks, squeaks! CD6C1C9E-A351-4AA7-84AE-561B596C4C82

Bsnyder6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was told they would replace the entire frame next. Apparently they only replaced one part of the seat frame the first time I got it ā€œfixed.ā€
I was surprised when they only did the upper frame for mine a month ago. I never thought the upper frame was the issue to begin with. What they told me was upper frame first was just the warranty protocol...Then lower if it wasnt fixed. It'll be interesting to see exactly what the recall says whenever that officially goes out.

Bsnyder6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This piece of plastic was causing the rattle and squeaking by the glove box. Itā€™s at the bottom left. I showed my dealer and they put some foam in there and it hasnā€™t rattled since.

CD6C1C9E-A351-4AA7-84AE-561B596C4C82.jpeg
That piece was my problem too There was a warped clip on mine that was buzzing around since it couldn't fully clip in. Glad you got yours settled. You totally had it much worse than mine was lol

OP
OP
ncryptm3

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
That piece was my problem too There was a warped clip on mine that was buzzing around since it couldn't fully clip in. Glad you got yours settled. You totally had it much worse than mine was lol
Thanks! Yea it was brutal lol. But now the dash is frustrating. Iā€™ll likely just sell it once I get a new vehicle.

Bsnyder6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! Yea it was brutal lol. But now the dash is frustrating. Iā€™ll likely just sell it once I get a new vehicle.
I hear ya. At a certain point you're just subconsciously keeping an eye out for noises and just kills the magic. Some trim can settle over time though so you never know

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R #21399 (sold). 2023 Type-R #912
They really need to do something about wireless carplay. Running GPS is more dangerous than it's worse with how it constantly messes up

Scottyy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Just got my FL5 back from service at the Honda dealer. Parts for the Seat rail assembly are backordered and scheduled for delivery on 4/20.
Sponsored