• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Interior noises - rattles, creaks, squeaks!

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
You might just have to get a new trim piece. I don’t think these things are really meant to be disassembled and reassembled so many times.
The trim piece itself is undamaged thankfully. It’s also only like a $250ish part if I need to replace it. The vinyl on the dash is what worried me but I carefully heat gunned it and got the dents/wrinkles out almost entirely. I can prob get it 100% back to normal with another pass.
Sponsored

Kfo_cpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RDX
Does anyone else hear a constant whistle noise when they let off the gas in 3rd or 4th gear? I was told it’s the electronic waste gate. It’s annoying and seems louder than normal. I recently noticed it and not sure if it’s normal. Curious if anyone else noticed this.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
Yes. Wastegate noise is normal. Same noise on fk8. No way around it. Exhausts helps muffle it.

Does anyone else hear a constant whistle noise when they let off the gas in 3rd or 4th gear? I was told it’s the electronic waste gate. It’s annoying and seems louder than normal. I recently noticed it and not sure if it’s normal. Curious if anyone else noticed this.

type r fanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Type R - Sonic Gray Pearl
Anyone else getting rattles from the driver and passenger side A pillars and know how to fix it? Seems to be the worst around 2600rpm

charlesca

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R. 2017 Acura NSX.
Anyone else getting rattles from the driver and passenger side A pillars and know how to fix it? Seems to be the worst around 2600rpm
I have the same problem and I can't find the source. I have pulled off the a pillar and drove around and was unable to locate it.

type r fanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the same problem and I can't find the source. I have pulled off the a pillar and drove around and was unable to locate it.
Let me know if you find it. I’ve been pressing on all the different panels when driving and haven’t been able to isolate it yet

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I've had an annoying vibration/rattle from the passenger side dash that hasn't been resolved after two visits to the dealership and seeing you mention the A-pillar, I think that might be the culprit now. I might try popping it off tomorrow to see if the rattle keeps happening.

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL1 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
I've been following this thread for awhile now to help troubleshoot rattles in my own car, and I've discovered the rattling from my dash has been coming from the piece in the red box, its right below the glove box. I filled a lot of the gaps on the back with pieces of Dynamat and put cloth tape where the mounting tabs are. Ive also put a large piece of Dynamat on the bottom of the glove box itself. No more rattles from those pieces. I've discovered that I'm getting the rattle from the passenger seat belt, just waiting to get the replacement clip before taking that trim apart.

11th Gen Honda Civic Interior noises - rattles, creaks, squeaks! 1686025439777

Last edited:

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
This has been happening in our 22 civic ex as well since we got it. Happening around the seatbelt area by my left ear.

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
For rattles that sound like they are coming from the seat belt anchor point on the pillar, be aware that if one of the side windows is only slightly down it can create a rattle. Happened twice for me, thought I had a rattle then pulled up on the window switches and the window moved about 1/8”-1/4” (not enough to see a gap or hear wind noise) and the rattle was gone.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
For rattles that sound like they are coming from the seat belt anchor point on the pillar, be aware that if one of the side windows is only slightly down it can create a rattle. Happened twice for me, thought I had a rattle then pulled up on the window switches and the window moved about 1/8”-1/4” (not enough to see a gap or hear wind noise) and the rattle was gone.
I’ll try this out next time I use the car. Thanks!

Jcruz87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I'll try this as well because I have a rattle in this exact spot that is driving me nuts lol

type r fanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone hear a 'creaking' noise coming from the steering wheel when turning it? It only happens after turning the wheel about 90 degrees to the right, then back to center. Not very loud but loud enough to be annoying!

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Does anyone hear a 'creaking' noise coming from the steering wheel when turning it? It only happens after turning the wheel about 90 degrees to the right, then back to center. Not very loud but loud enough to be annoying!
Yes. Someone else posted this. Not sure what it is, but it doesn’t bother me as it’s infrequent and not very loud. Maybe it doesn’t bother me much because I have much worse rattles elsewhere that I can hear even with the audio system on.🤣
Sponsored