• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

More Front Camber with Ball Joints

fj80psi

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95,06,08 Land Cruisers, MX P85D, 24' Type R, 356
Hello. Hoping you can share your front camber settings for best grip and less outside tire wear. As of now, I’m just doing Autocross and don’t care about classes. Just want to corner well and not compromise straight line traction too much. I’m running a 295/30/18 tire and just ordered the white line offset Ball Joints. Thanks!
Sponsored

scuderia_miso

First Name
Teddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, FA5, AP2
I am running the EVS tuning offset ball joints at the middle setting (-1 degree) and have the strut pins removed for about -2.6 degrees up front. This helps with outside tire wear but I have only tracked with the stock PS4S so far which IMO has a super soft sidewall. With hot tire pressures of 1-2 psi over the stock specs I still rolled onto the side wall. I am trying out the non-honda spec cup 2 for my next track event (factory tire size) and hoping for better results since those should be quite a bit stiffer than the PS4S. Worst case, I still have the 3rd adjustment setting on the lower ball joints.

@fj80psi what tire are you running? Some tires need more camber than others. For example, A052 is what I've used on my other car and those like more negative camber than other tires in that category. Tire pressures will also have a big impact. I was shocked at how much pressure I needed to run in the PS4S just to prevent ruining the sidewalls. Obviously running super high pressures will kill grip but if it prevents you from trashing tires that's what ya gotta do.

295 is massive, what width wheel are you running that on?

Last edited:

JayFL5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5
I am running EVS front camber joints and running about -3.4 degrees of camber in the front. You can get more adjustability in the front alignment by removing the strut guide since the strut tower holes are "slotted."

For a daily it is aggressive although it handles amazingly. You should probably run less than -3 if you care about tire wear.

OP
OP

fj80psi

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95,06,08 Land Cruisers, MX P85D, 24' Type R, 356
I am running the EVS tuning offset ball joints at the middle setting (-1 degree) and have the strut pins removed for about -2.6 degrees up front. This helps with outside tire wear but I have only tracked with the stock PS4S so far which IMO has a super soft sidewall. With hot tire pressures of 1-2 psi over the stock specs I still rolled onto the side wall. I am trying out the non-honda spec cup 2 for my next track event (factory tire size) and hoping for better results since those should be quite a bit stiffer than the PS4S. Worst case, I still have the 3rd adjustment setting on the lower ball joints.

@fj80psi what tire are you running? Some tires need more camber than others. For example, A052 is what I've used on my other car and those like more negative camber than other tires in that category. Tire pressures will also have a big impact. I was shocked at how much pressure I needed to run in the PS4S just to prevent ruining the sidewalls. Obviously running super high pressures will kill grip but if it prevents you from trashing tires that's what ya gotta do.

[/QUO

So, I settled at -2.9 Degrees Front and Rear is at -1.9. I could probably run just a bit more Pos. In the front but, it worked pretty well. Tires are Toyo Proxes RR at 32 psi cold. I was at 36-38 Psi at the end of my runs. I’m on TE37SL 18x10 +40 with no rubbing. I think your -2.6 would be better for traction in the lower gears.

MooMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
prob still gonna roll over the sidewall with 2.6 but will be minimal. Its definitely a good compromise btw street/track.
Sponsored