Sponsored

New Type R (FL5) Owner!

OP
OP
TolgaTypeR

TolgaTypeR

Member
First Name
Tolga
Joined
Oct 5, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
40
Reaction score
20
Location
TX
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Found it for ya, now you just gotta get the part for less than the outrageous $30 per 😵‍💫
Lol cheapest I found was 22 per piece, w shipping+tax went above $100! Least of my concerns right now!

I guess the price will never change. Found a forum quoted the same $30 some 20+ yrs ago LOL
11th Gen Honda Civic New Type R (FL5) Owner! 1791407276447-zf
 

Cueyo

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2023
Threads
22
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
832
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Civic Type R
Lol cheapest I found was 22 per piece, w shipping+tax went above $100! Least of my concerns right now!

I guess the price will never change. Found a forum quoted the same $30 some 20+ yrs ago LOL
11th Gen Honda Civic New Type R (FL5) Owner! {filename}
Maybe the last guy took them off to make a buck or two or 120 👀
 
OP
OP
TolgaTypeR

TolgaTypeR

Member
First Name
Tolga
Joined
Oct 5, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
40
Reaction score
20
Location
TX
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Maybe the last guy took them off to make a buck or two or 120 👀
Then where did he get the ones on the car?
I wonder if they're genuine...why were originals swapped, I have so many questions now! :dunno:
 


Chilly613

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2022
Threads
13
Messages
1,175
Reaction score
1,485
Location
Southern California
Vehicle(s)
2025 FL5 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
You da man!!! Thanks!
Gee 30 per cap 😆
If you think that is expensive, you should look up some of the caps for aftermarket wheels. Some of the Rays Volk center caps are over $100 each.

Then where did he get the ones on the car?
I wonder if they're genuine...why were originals swapped, I have so many questions now! :dunno:
Those caps that you have look like they are from other trim models like the Touring and Sport. Those are black with the silver logo.
 
OP
OP
TolgaTypeR

TolgaTypeR

Member
First Name
Tolga
Joined
Oct 5, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
40
Reaction score
20
Location
TX
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
If you think that is expensive, you should look up some of the caps for aftermarket wheels. Some of the Rays Volk center caps are over $100 each.



Those caps that you have look like they are from other trim models like the Touring and Sport. Those are black with the silver logo.
Volks are badass and cost a kidney so I can see why.
I'm just going to get the caps and never look back again lol
 

pigfacedalarm

Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2023
Threads
14
Messages
24
Reaction score
33
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
My new keychain.
Sometimes it's the little things that put a smile on our face or make us feel warm inside.

To purchase - Type R Keychain
11th Gen Honda Civic New Type R (FL5) Owner! {filename}
I’m OCD and would return it since it’s not the proper Type R logo. The -T and -Y are joined together on the officially licensed Honda logo. If you’re not OCD and it doesn’t bother then, please disregard this post.
 


OP
OP
TolgaTypeR

TolgaTypeR

Member
First Name
Tolga
Joined
Oct 5, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
40
Reaction score
20
Location
TX
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I’m OCD and would return it since it’s not the proper Type R logo. The -T and -Y are joined together on the officially licensed Honda logo. If you’re not OCD and it doesn’t bother then, please disregard this post.
Thanks for pointing it out. I'm quite OCD but about different things lol
I see what you mean, see I need people like you in my life :nixon:
11th Gen Honda Civic New Type R (FL5) Owner! 1791481062485-c2


Anything else you noticed about my car that needs attention or something seems off?
 

pigfacedalarm

Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2023
Threads
14
Messages
24
Reaction score
33
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Thanks for pointing it out. I'm quite OCD but about different things lol
I see what you mean, see I need people like you in my life :nixon:
11th Gen Honda Civic New Type R (FL5) Owner! {filename}


Anything else you noticed about my car that needs attention or something seems off?
nothing major, but the MAF sensor extension harness should not be routed over top of the airbox itself. The wire loom will rattle against the plastic box of the intake. Wiring should go under or around it like in the image.

11th Gen Honda Civic New Type R (FL5) Owner! imag
 
 







Top