• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

EP3to11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Civic Si
The sport touring model should have a sun roof and available manual.
I certainly hope so. Although if the Si is noticeably better performing it’s gonna be a tough call. I’m used to only 160hp but it’s a hatch nonetheless so we’ll see.
Sponsored

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
I certainly hope so. Although if the Si is noticeably better performing it’s gonna be a tough call. I’m used to only 160hp but it’s a hatch nonetheless so we’ll see.
That's the thing, the ST hatch will be a very nice ride but it can't compete with the Si's performance.
1. The Type R will be the performance hatch(on steroids)
2. The ST hatch will be the comfy/upscale turbo hatch w/ manual option.
3. The EX-L hatch will be the CVT only + turbo hatch w/17 inch wheels.
4. The Sport hatch will be slower non-turbo hatch w/manual option.
5. The LX hatch is the slower non-turbo CVT only hatch w/16 inch wheels.
6. The Si sedan is the manual only + turbo + very sporty non-hatch.

I've got the 17 Si it's a great car but I'll never have another sedan. If I had to pick from one of the above I'd probably suck it up and go with the Type R cause you only live once.

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
Hopefully they don't have European inspired reliability lol
its a 'Japanese' car made in the US, that should say enough...

I stick to this golden rule: the best cars are Jap cars made in Japan, period.

The hatch looks very nice. Definitely on my short list.

Couple of comments - It seems crazy that there is no lumbar support. My 9 year old mid trim Accord EX has that. How can they go heated seats front and back and power passenger (none of which my Accord has) and not include lumbar? Seems absurd. This is basically the car I have been wanting Honda to build for over a decade, how can they miss something so basic that adds to comfort.

I do like the versatility of the hatch and the amount of space, but there is something super nice about a completely flat load floor. Even the BRZ (one of my other considerations) has this. I know it takes away some cargo space, but it is a much cleaner look, and long items aren't teetering around on the hump.
I agree, strange choice

Curious to see if it will be the same for Europe.
US and EU market standard equipment and options tend to differ, sometimes big time.

On topic, the white body with black wheels is my favorite so far, based on screenshots I made.
11th Gen Honda Civic Official: 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Revealed! Specs, Info, Pics & Video mooi-wit

Cant wait to see the car in real life and the Type R.

And I was open minded from the start unlike so many here that already shit-talked the car based on camo pictures and now I see neutral to positive comments, what a surprise... :rolleyes:

I didn't see anything written about a sunroof. Will the hatch be available with a sunroof and a manual transmission--that's my question. If so, that could be my EP3 replacement, although I'll have to drive the Si sedan first. So far, the hatch looks better than the sedan to me, especially the grill and rear taillights.
lol?

the banner shows a hatch with a sunroof...

but I doubt it will have a panoramic look like the EU 10th gen had
11th Gen Honda Civic Official: 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Revealed! Specs, Info, Pics & Video 79657807-10157433744633935-7303831674872135680-o

unless they will also make different spec US and EU models, like they did for the UK made 10th gens

Last edited:

leodan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda civic touring
I wonder if the suspension of the hatchback is tuned differently than the sedan. I heard comments from Honda about it being more fun to drive but I do not know if this is more publicity. Personally, I want them to be equally tuned since I want the same comfort level.

Marrk

First Name
Marrk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fit
Ugly as ever, but I'll take "an upgraded 6-speed manual transmission available with ... the naturally-aspirated 2.0-liter" engine every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Ugly as ever, but I'll take "an upgraded 6-speed manual transmission available with ... the naturally-aspirated 2.0-liter" engine every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
I love the 1.5T but would be curious to drive the 2.0 with a manual. Relive my 1993 Civic EX VTEC days. Would be awesome first car for my son in 6 years too.

But is the 2.0 free revving like older Honda’s? If it has the rev hang, no thanks.

Marrk

First Name
Marrk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fit
@VarmintCong: I'm not an expert. In fact, I've never owned a Civic. But, as a rule, I don't like forced induction on a street car.

I'm reading what you guys post so that I can learn what 's what. :)

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're in luck. The EU hatchback will be exclusively electrifying and made in Japan. Available autumn 2022. Even these pre-production JDM pictures seem to have better build quality than the ones from the U.S.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda...2-honda-civic-hatchback-revealed-hybrid-power

1624754637836.png
Interesting, the entire Hatchback bodystyle Civic will indeed be Japan made only.
Me like!

Now, crossing fingers as to what the power figures will be for the hybrid driveline...

Imo, it better have at least the same performance as the 1.5L turbo.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
...I've got the 17 Si it's a great car but I'll never have another sedan. If I had to pick from one of the above I'd probably suck it up and go with the Type R cause you only live once.
Better to be a cat: '68 RoadRunner, 89 Probe; '12 Si, - next is a '22/'23 CTR; AND we have 5 more to go!

weigle2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
This is why I will not buy an XI Honda Civic. " new standard idle-stop system (CVT only)". If this means the engine shuts down at a stop light, then starts up again when it's time to go then it's a deal killer for me. This idea that american cars came up with, is one of the GD stupidest ideas I have ever seen. I'll keep my 10th Gen Civic till it dies. Or maybe, just get a 6spd 2.0 L model. No, I will just keep shopping.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
This is why I will not buy an XI Honda Civic. " new standard idle-stop system (CVT only)". If this means the engine shuts down at a stop light, then starts up again when it's time to go then it's a deal killer for me. This idea that american cars came up with, is one of the GD stupidest ideas I have ever seen. I'll keep my 10th Gen Civic till it dies. Or maybe, just get a 6spd 2.0 L model. No, I will just keep shopping.
I'm with you, I hate that feature. There is a workaround but it's slightly annoying.

Just press this button to turn it off.

11th Gen Honda Civic Official: 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Revealed! Specs, Info, Pics & Video 03C_my22_civic_sedan_features_PerformanceAndEfficiency_03-01

Sounds great until you realize the system turns back on at start up.

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lol, thats why you wont buy the 11th gen? :rolleyes:

1. you can switch it off by pushing a button, like shown above
2. euhm, the 10th gen also had the start/stop function, like literally any other new car released for the past decade or so :rolleyes1:
Sponsored