• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

explodingGTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTI
Congrats on the car, Iā€™m actually getting mine later this week, Iā€™m also in Ontario, pretty excited. Canā€™t believe weā€™re getting cars before the review embargo.

Howā€™s the ride quality? Is it comfortable in normal daily driving? Also, howā€™s the pumped in fake engine noise? Can you turn it off? Does the amount of fake engine noise increase with sport mode?

Last edited:
OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic hatchback sport
Congrats on the car, Iā€™m actually getting mine later this week, Iā€™m also in Ontario, pretty excited. Canā€™t believe weā€™re getting cars before the review embargo.

Howā€™s the ride quality? Is it comfortable in normal daily driving? Also, howā€™s the pumped in fake engine noise? Can you turn it off? Does the amount of fake engine noise increase with sport mode?
Thank you. Awesome! Whereabouts in Ontario, and what color?
So far it seems perfect. That's the thing about these civics, they seem to be great daily drivers, but can also be a lot of fun when you're not being yelled at by the wife to stop swerving (speaking more about my 2019 hatch as I had more time in it). To be perfectly honest it would take more than a day to know about this car as a daily... But I'm sure the engineering is focused on both daily and adventure driving.
I didn't even notice the fake engine sound... To turn it off.. That's a YouTube search.
I haven't had enough time in it to experiment between sport and non-sport, fake exhaust sound difference. So if I couldn't notice it I guess they fixed the annoying in your face obviousness of the previous gen.

Reactions: mjh

explodingGTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTI
Iā€™m in the GTA, I got the sonic gray pearl, same as yours. Iā€™m pretty interested in trying out the auto-rev matching, never had a car with it. Always thought it was for people who didnā€™t want to heel-toe

dathoneycomb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI coupe rr
Thanks for posting this. These are the first driving impressions Iā€™ve seen for the SI. I have a SGP SI coming in January. Iā€™m driving a manual GTI right now that makes 220hp stock, and I previously had a 10th gen SI that was tuned to mid-to-upper 200s, so I doubt the new one stock will feel overly fast, but I am looking forward to the better shifter and expect great handling.

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV, 2023 Civic Sport Touring (6MT)
Congrats! Im really digging that color. And Canada is lucky they get the full digital instrument cluster.
I know right. With the significant price increase I can't imagine why we couldn't get that in the US Si. We don't even get a temp gauge, have to settle for a dash light that comes on if you overheat. It's just sad.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
To mattsSI, were you able to negotiate the price below MSRP?

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To mattsSI, were you able to negotiate the price below MSRP?
I wasn't no, and in the past I have negotiated everytime. I think Honda is confident they are going to sell the Si's no matter what. The car market appears to be different with this whole chip shortage, even some 2-3 old used Cars are selling for more than thier original MSRP. Maybe you could get an ex or something less than MSRP..
It's worth a try, offering less, but my skills didn't budge them this time.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
I wasn't no, and in the past I have negotiated everytime. I think Honda is confident they are going to sell the Si's no matter what. The car market appears to be different with this whole chip shortage, even some 2-3 old used Cars are selling for more than thier original MSRP. Maybe you could get an ex or something less than MSRP..the
Thanks for your quick response. Did you have to pay over MSRP?
My 2018 SI Coupe is still going strong. Hopefully prices will settle in the next 1-2 years.

angelc211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 Crv
Congrats!! Looks nice. I havent had a Si since 8thgen so it would be a nice jump for myself. Something i noticed is yours has front and rear sensors. The Siā€™s shown on previous post from the ones that are being currently reviewed in Cali dont have any. Did yours came like that or paid extra?

Kullervo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Civic Si
I wasn't no, and in the past I have negotiated everytime. I think Honda is confident they are going to sell the Si's no matter what. The car market appears to be different with this whole chip shortage, even some 2-3 old used Cars are selling for more than thier original MSRP. Maybe you could get an ex or something less than MSRP..
My 2018 SI Coupe is still going strong. Hopefully prices will settle in the next 1-2 years.
Iā€™ve got a 2022 with a late December build date reserved at msrp. Looking at Autotrader, there are a few 2019ā€™s near me with anywhere from 17000 to 38000 miles on them going for $1200ā€”$1500 more than Iā€™m paying for the 2022ā€¦and KBB is tagging those with ā€™great price!ā€™ So, yeah, msrp has become a pretty good deal, unfortunately.

Also, thanks for the impressions, @mattsSi!

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're welcome. No I paid MSRP 33,150 cdn.
Nice! Yeah, hopefully!
Sponsored