• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

PointByPatrol #21985 Build Journal! RIP #9243

jtlctr

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R. 2014 Accord coupe 6-6
Good on you, man! I’m sure it’s a bit nerve racking, but I’ll bet you get back in the groove quickly. Hell, you could drive half your normal speed and still clean up! I love watching your videos and seeing how awesome these cars are in capable hands.

have fun out there tomorrow!

OP
OP
PointByPatrol

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Good on you, man! I’m sure it’s a bit nerve racking, but I’ll bet you get back in the groove quickly. Hell, you could drive half your normal speed and still clean up! I love watching your videos and seeing how awesome these cars are in capable hands.

have fun out there tomorrow!
Thanks, man!

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Sucks to be wet. Hopefully it stops raining and dries up a bit for the second half of the day.

OP
OP
PointByPatrol

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Hanging out with friends at the track! The mental road block is definitely evident in the area of the crash, which means I'm leaving several seconds on the table. I haven't been able to break out of the 2:17,s, but judging by the tires, they aren't pushing, which means they have more to give than what I'm asking for.

Here are some take-a-ways:

The car is not overheating. It was 87 degrees today.

I still don't like the PS4S tires for track. They are slidy and don't inspire much confidence.

19's are not the way. 18's offer more side wall and are simply a better option for the track. (Yes, you can do it, obviously I am, but I'm switching for the next track event.) If you autocross, then feel free to keep the 19's.

Oil temps have remained in safe margins for the amount of heat that modern synthetic oils can handle.

I will no longer be using 0w20. For this event I'm using Motul 300v 5w30, and I've noticed oil pressures at idle are about 4-5 psi higher than on the factory oil, even after coming off of a hot track.

The Paragon R5's have been fantastic, and they are a good match for the factory tire.

Bar and plate intercoolers are likely the cause of overheating on a race track. They simply block too much air.

Guys, I almost forgot to mention one very important thing, and that is the Hybrid Hans. Took some getting used to, but I will NEVER track without it again. You do feel restriction in your head and neck, but it helps to keep you from straining muscles in those areas in the factory seat under high G-force.

@Two Step Performance can get these for you, and they are EXTREMELY important. It's just not worth the risk without the proper safety equipment in place for your setup, and a Hans is a no-brainer. Invest in your life, I almost lost mine

11th Gen Honda Civic PointByPatrol #21985 Build Journal! RIP #9243 IMG-20240525-WA0001

11th Gen Honda Civic PointByPatrol #21985 Build Journal! RIP #9243 PXL_20240525_135304046

Last edited:

Club Version

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Championship White
Build Thread
Link
Hanging out with friends at the track! The mental road block is definitely evident in the area of the crash, which means I'm leaving several seconds on the table. I haven't been able to break out of the 2:17,s, but judging by the tires, they aren't pushing, which means they have more to give than what I'm asking for.

Here are some take-a-ways:

The car is not overheating. It was 87 degrees today.

I still don't like the PS4S tires for track. They are slidy and don't inspire much confidence.

19's are not the way. 18's offer more side wall and are simply a better option for the track. (Yes, you can do it, obviously I am, but I'm switching for the next track event.) If you autocross, then feel free to keep the 19's.

Oil temps have remained in safe margins for the amount of heat that modern synthetic oils can handle.

I will no longer be using 0w20. For this event I'm using Motul 300v 5w30, and I've noticed oil pressures at idle are about 4-5 psi higher than on the factory oil, even after coming off of a hot track.

The Paragon R5's have been fantastic, and they are a good match for the factory tire.

Bar and plate intercoolers are likely the cause of overheating on a race track. They simply block too much air.

Guys, I almost forgot to mention one very important thing, and that is the Hybrid Hans. Took some getting used to, but I will NEVER track without it again. You do feel restriction in your head and neck, but it helps to keep you from straining muscles in those areas in the factory seat under high G-force.

@Two Step Performance can get these for you, and they are EXTREMELY important. It's just not worth the risk without the proper safety equipment in place for your setup, and a Hans is a no-brainer. Invest in your life, I almost lost mine

IMG-20240525-WA0001.jpg

PXL_20240525_135304046.jpg
Let’s go man!!! Little by little

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Glad you got out there. In time, you won’t think about the off course at the specific corner.

I actually ordered my hybrid S on Friday since Simpson is having a Memorial Day sale. Just had OG racing match the price.

As one of my friend tells me, his neck and head is priceless. No matter how costly the hybrid S is. In which I asked, if your neck and head is priceless, what about your family jewels? He responded, I’ve got 2 kids, got no use for them.

Takeaway is whether you have kids or not, your neck and head is priceless just like your family jewels.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Tony! Tony! Tony!

Were you surprised that no one came up to you? I’m not. It’s the fvcking internet with a shit load of keyboard warriors. If they had sound advice to offer to you and wanted to critique you, telling you in person would be far more helpful than them sitting down with their phone and typing out their track wisdom.

I’m glad you had fun and remembered to have fun. That’s what it should be about. I gotta say, everytime I watch your video, I say to myself, I need to go to VIR. When I do, I’ll let you know. 🙂

OP
OP
PointByPatrol

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Tony! Tony! Tony!

Were you surprised that no one came up to you? I’m not. It’s the fvcking internet with a shit load of keyboard warriors. If they had sound advice to offer to you and wanted to critique you, telling you in person would be far more helpful than them sitting down with their phone and typing out their track wisdom.

I’m glad you had fun and remembered to have fun. That’s what it should be about. I gotta say, everytime I watch your video, I say to myself, I need to go to VIR. When I do, I’ll let you know. 🙂
A few people came up to me, but it was only positive. The guy that I passed right before I crashed was there too. It was cool to meet him!

OP
OP
PointByPatrol

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Yet another reason I don't like pilot sports for the track...

11th Gen Honda Civic PointByPatrol #21985 Build Journal! RIP #9243 PXL_20240528_122709720

11th Gen Honda Civic PointByPatrol #21985 Build Journal! RIP #9243 PXL_20240528_122716306

11th Gen Honda Civic PointByPatrol #21985 Build Journal! RIP #9243 PXL_20240528_122739000
Sponsored