• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Port Injection on Hondata

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
I was just looking around last night, and I stumbled on this:
https://www.jsrengines.com/product/...ion-fuel-kit-plug-play-2018-2022-honda-accord

I wonder if / when this will be a viable solution for FL5 / DE5 ECUs via Hondata.

I'm awhile out on fuel upgrades, but...

(big) IF we get some support via Hondata and it doesn't turn out to be a nightmare...

I think I'd prefer to add port over trying to beef up the DI system, assuming the cost isn't too much higher than that of the posted kit.
Sponsored

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
I was just looking around last night, and I stumbled on this:
https://www.jsrengines.com/product/...ion-fuel-kit-plug-play-2018-2022-honda-accord

I wonder if / when this will be a viable solution for FL5 / DE5 ECUs via Hondata.

I'm awhile out on fuel upgrades, but...

(big) IF we get some support via Hondata and it doesn't turn out to be a nightmare...

I think I'd prefer to add port over trying to beef up the DI system, assuming the cost isn't too much higher than that of the posted kit.
I would stick to the DI route, port injection adds another layer of complexity for tuning plus you would need a Split second unit controller which is a hassle to get right.

Stick with DI and you will be a lot happier in the long run.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I would stick to the DI route, port injection adds another layer of complexity for tuning plus you would need a Split second unit controller which is a hassle to get right.

Stick with DI and you will be a lot happier in the long run.
Agreed 100%. In short, there is almost no reason to utilize port injection on this platform anymore. If you in the extreme case of needing it, Motec ($$$ and not yet available for FL5/DE5) is the only good way to control it.

If someone needs "all the fuel!", Hondata's Fuel System Plus kit is the best way to do that at this point:

https://www.twostepperformance.com/...civic-type-r-fk8-fl5-acura-integra-type-s-de5

Even that kit is overkill for most. At 530whp worth of demand this kit laughed back at me, it was barely having to work.

Hondata's standard fuel system upgrade at $2500 is good for ~500whp worth of demand no problem and XDIs pump + injector bundle will give you even more headroom.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Agreed 100%. In short, there is almost no reason to utilize port injection on this platform anymore. If you in the extreme case of needing it, Motec ($$$ and not yet available for FL5/DE5) is the only good way to control it.

If someone needs "all the fuel!", Hondata's Fuel System Plus kit is the best way to do that at this point:

https://www.twostepperformance.com/...civic-type-r-fk8-fl5-acura-integra-type-s-de5

Even that kit is overkill for most. At 530whp worth of demand this kit laughed back at me, it was barely having to work.

Hondata's standard fuel system upgrade at $2500 is good for ~500whp worth of demand no problem and XDIs pump + injector bundle will give you even more headroom.
Yes! I feel a lot of people are put off by the high prices of the DI pumps. But in reality it’s the best approach since the OEM ecu is already made to work within these confines.

Motec would be the way to go, I really don’t like using the split second units. But like you said a standard upgraded DI kit will fit for almost all customers.

Plus like I always say! Support your vendors! They put a lot of effort to supply these options for you. @Two Step Performance Has always been a pleasure to work with and that is why I buy all the parts from them.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Good feedback, everyone! Thanks.
Glad to help! TSP highly prioritizes sharing what we have learned along the way for the good of the community as a whole. In this case I think I can speak for @Jester04 and say he is right there with us!

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Glad to help! TSP highly prioritizes sharing what we have learned along the way for the good of the community as a whole. In this case I think I can speak for @Jester04 and say he is right there with us!
Thank you for the kind words! Looking forward to keep helping the community and keep working with you guys. Big plans for the future and will like to keep going forward with you guys to push this platform to the next level!

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Group buy on MHI turbo? @Two Step Performance 🤣
I do not have anything bad to say about the MHI turbo but we typically recommend the 27WON Kuro instead. They both perform about the same and both have excellent reliability records, I have not seen a failure reported for either. However the Kuro comes in at $500 or so cheaper. At that point, it becomes an easy decision in our eyes. The Kuro has been our favorite drop in turbo that we have tested on the FL5 platform due to how it retains a quick spool yet offers up to 475whp worth of fun with E30 or race fuel. :)
Sponsored