• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TLX Type-S / 2023 Civic Type-R / 2024 HRV EXL
Well messed around and said F' it and put the PRL FK8 GESI Catted downpipe on the FL5 today.... and low and bold it fits:thumbsup:... ..front pipe .. that's a whole other issue :rofl: Took about 2hrs to install from start to finish. So much easier to install than the FK8, the FL5 has tons of room which makes doing this install a breeze!
Power and Sound, I would say this car just got a huge jump in the Midrange and a nice little bump up top as well.. car slides the tires now in 3rd! The Exhaust note got quite a bit lower in tone and the exhaust note now almost adds to the funky fake piped in engine noise now ( not sure if this is a plus... but anything that takes away from that is a plus for me:hmm: )

11th Gen Honda Civic PRL FK8 Catted Downpipe FL5 fitment confirmed. First impressions Daves FL5 PRL Catted downpipe
Sponsored

CHAMPIONSHIPWHITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRZ,CTR,
Nice job! This is with the stock exhaust, cant wait for aftermarket exhausts to start being available! I'm sure the sound will definitely be better with that upgrade!

solidconceptgroup

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, Accord V6
What was the issue with the front pipe? Did you have to modify it to fit?

OP
OP
JDM_DOHC_SiR

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice job! This is with the stock exhaust, cant wait for aftermarket exhausts to start being available! I'm sure the sound will definitely be better with that upgrade!
Yes this was with the stock exhaust and front pipe. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
JDM_DOHC_SiR

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What was the issue with the front pipe? Did you have to modify it to fit?
Didn’t install the front pipe due to the fact that everything.. everything was fine up to the rear rubber hanger…. From that point on the FL5 front pipe has a different angle along with it being much steeper of a transition over the steering rack to clear what appears to be a larger electronic steering motor than was in the FK8.. this is my guess on why the FK8 front pipe doesn’t work…. And hence the reason I didn’t use it…. We will just have to wait for PRL or RV6 to make a correct version:hmm:

solidconceptgroup

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, Accord V6
When we installed some items into the engine bay of the FL5, I had an assumption the downpipe would bolt right up but had some reservations with the front pipe, I'm curious if my Spoon exhaust will work... heard the hangers are a little different...

OP
OP
JDM_DOHC_SiR

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When we installed some items into the engine bay of the FL5, I had an assumption the downpipe would bolt right up but had some reservations with the front pipe, I'm curious if my Spoon exhaust will work... heard the hangers are a little different...
Nice! I think you are right with the exhaust.. being different with the hangers.. I recall seeing a few Japanese blog posts about then center section of the FL5 being a bit longer as well and the section around the gas tank being a slight bit off as well.
Either way nice to see others trying parts out from the FK8
:thumbsup:

solidconceptgroup

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, Accord V6
Nice! I think you are right with the exhaust.. being different with the hangers.. I recall seeing a few Japanese blog posts about then center section of the FL5 being a bit longer as well and the section around the gas tank being a slight bit off as well.
Either way nice to see others trying parts out from the FK8
:thumbsup:
Check out our FL5 shop build on our YouTube Channel:

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR, 2023 Integra aspec MT
thanks for this! I am not interested in the DP but i see here the front pipe wont fit so thats helpful to know. I was going to buy one and test it. now i wont :)

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
@JDM_DOHC_SiR , thanks for sharing. Here are some notes on our testing for those that didn't already see them elsewhere:

We have completed our initial testing of the PRL Motorsports, LLC High Volume downpipe on the FL5. The PRL HVDP was an easy choice here because we knew that if a check engine light was presented due to an emissions error, there would be no way for us to override the error due to current tuning limitations. This is not a concern with the HVDP. This is the same unit that was produced and sold for the FK8. This downpipe is currently NOT in production but there are still a few new units available here and there. Whether or not PRL will be producing more of these and/or another downpipe later down the road I am not sure of. The HVDP was paired with a beautiful form fitting blanket from PTP.​
The test vehicle had less than 200 miles on the odometer so we wanted to take it somewhat easy. Pulls were completed in 3rd gear with a minimal load being applied from our Dynojet 224xLC. No ECU tuning was performed because there are no available options to do so at this point. Under these test conditions, we found peak gains of approximately 12whp and 8 ft lbs of torque. More notably, we found gains of approximately 15-20whp throughout the powerband from about 4600RPM until redline.​
We believe the car was fueled with 93 octane but haven't not put any fuel in ourselves since it was driven off the showroom floor, so I have no way to guarantee the fuel quality.​
Our dyno has a history of not being as "generous" with it's measured output in comparison to others so we are not surprised by these numbers being a bit lower than the baselines that are being reported by Hondata and such. As always, dynos are a tool and the best comparisons are always done when using the same car, on the same dyno, under controlled conditions. (as we have done here.)​
Last but not least, we did some informal sound output testing using a basic decibel meter. We found that exhaust noise (at the back of the car, a few feet away from the side of the car) with the factory downpipe peaked at 105.4dB during a wide open throttle pull and this was increased to 108.9dB after installing the HVDP.​

LeoA86

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Looks like what I felt has been verified now… thanks Corey and Two Step Performance for doing this test:bow:

DD637087-37B0-49FB-87F5-C7E8EF5DEC73.jpeg
That’s awesome 👏 Has a check engine light 💡 come on? That’s the only thing stopping me from getting one.

OP
OP
JDM_DOHC_SiR

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s awesome 👏 Has a check engine light 💡 come on? That’s the only thing stopping me from getting one.
Zero check engine lights have shown up :thumbsup:

Starchland

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Is the drawback part throttle drivability/response?
Is there a good reason Honda left so much power on the table...

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Is the drawback part throttle drivability/response?
Is there a good reason Honda left so much power on the table...
The improvements come from the fact that the FL5 K20C1 has optimizations that the FK8 model doesn’t so it responds better to modifications. Honda didn’t intentionally leave HP on the table, it’s just a byproduct of a more efficient turbo design and engine strategy.
Sponsored