• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Just ordered my downpipe and front pipe with ktuner v2

Still waiting on my cobra intake
Just a quick note , I'm not going to name names except for @PRL Motorsports , I had a question and gave them a call. Even though they didn't answer I left a message and they called me back in an hour or so (unlike a few others). Great customer service thank you! I think I'll be ordering the catless dp/fp this weekend! Maybe it'll be here before my cobra intake lol (hoping the intake will ship sooner than projected , but good things are worth the wait)
So the front pipe tappers down to the stock piping?
No, the factory flange has enough "meat," or material, on it to mate and seal against our 3" flange.

So I missed out on the sale of the front/down pipes. Is it going to go on sale again for Christmas? @PRL Motorsports
As of now we do not see another sale going on, as we've had downpipes and front pipes on sale quite a few times already this year.

That's too bad, was a decent savings. @PRL Motorsports I ordered Sunday, the catless combo, do you have an ETA on shipping these yet? I know you all are swamped right now just looking for a realistic arrival time frame (not rushing you just really excited to put it all together and feel and hear the change with my Ktuner!!) I also ordered the cobra intake (non si) I was thinking they both may ship at the same time now. Thanks.
Orders are shipping as we speak, however, without knowing your name or order number I can't say for sure when this would be shipping. I expect a 2 week ship time from the day of order. We apologize for the delay :( Though, CAIs are still on schedule to ship sometime next week! :headbang:

I ordered ktuner too I can't wait to receive it
You should see this shortly! :thumbsup:

I Already have a ktuner , they probably had those in stock.
We try to keep these in stock, but we wiped out of them on Cyber Monday! :( We have another stocking order in place, though!
Sponsored

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT
No, the factory flange has enough "meat," or material, on it to mate and seal against our 3" flange.

As of now we do not see another sale going on, as we've had downpipes and front pipes on sale quite a few times already this year.

Orders are shipping as we speak, however, without knowing your name or order number I can't say for sure when this would be shipping. I expect a 2 week ship time from the day of order. We apologize for the delay :( Though, CAIs are still on schedule to ship sometime next week! :headbang:

You should see this shortly! :thumbsup:

We try to keep these in stock, but we wiped out of them on Cyber Monday! :( We have another stocking order in place, though!
My order number is 4319 I keep checking my account, I imagine it's going to update as soon as you ship @PRL Motorsports

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2008 Acura TL
Random question for those with the catted downpipe version do you get any of the pops and gargle sounds from the exhaust like you do with a catless version? Had catless cars in the past but here in Mass some of the inspection crap is getting more strict on emissions so may have to go catted unfortunately. Thanks!

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Random question for those with the catted downpipe version do you get any of the pops and gargle sounds from the exhaust like you do with a catless version? Had catless cars in the past but here in Mass some of the inspection crap is getting more strict on emissions so may have to go catted unfortunately. Thanks!
nope, had not experianced that so far

theDUOCsi

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
I get the pops and gargles in 1st and 2nd sometimes.

ferdinand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2019 BMW X2 M35i
Hi quick question, does your downpipe allow for the heat shield to be put on again or no? @PRL Motorsports
No, the heat shield is attached to the OE down pipe - the only aftermarket down pipe that allows you to use the oem heat shield is the rv6, I believe.

Tutran99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 honda civic ex 2017 civic ex-l
I’m confused can anyone clarify this for me? Is I order the downpipe only, will it bolt on to the factory front pipe? I just want the downpipe but don’t want My car to sound too loud

ferdinand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2019 BMW X2 M35i
I’m confused can anyone clarify this for me? Is I order the downpipe only, will it bolt on to the factory front pipe? I just want the downpipe but don’t want My car to sound too loud
I believe that is what some members are doing now - running the PRL downpipe and leaving the remaining exhaust stock....so yes to your question.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
I have a PRL downpipe bolted onto my stock front pipe. The sound is still quiet. No difference than what it sounded like stock. If there is a difference, I have not noticed it.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Hi quick question, does your downpipe allow for the heat shield to be put on again or no? @PRL Motorsports
Our downpipe does not allow for the factory heat shield to be attached. We did not find a reason to retain this.

Both our downpipe and our front pipe can be bolted up to stock components without a problem. As long as you retain the factory catback exhaust, our 3" downpipe and front pipe combo does not make things too loud, just a bit more aggressive than stock. If only installing one (downpipe OR front pipe), the exhaust tone will only be slightly increased over stock.

IcyRyce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
There isn't every much videos of the PRL dp/fp out there so I threw some of my clips together if anyone ever wounder what the dp/fp sounded like.