• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rattles are driving me nuts.

kev2069667

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic EX Sedan
I've taken apart the b pillar twice so there is nothing rattling there as far as I can tell.
There's a rattle from behind the steering wheel over rough pavement that happens more when it's cold out.
The most annoying one is right by my ear it sounds like. A constant buzzing like an old mechanical hard drive that is on its last legs. it can be heard towards the end of the video and is much more pronounced and annoying in person.
I'm gonna take it to the dealer when I have the time but it's driving me nuts.
I love this car but I don't know if I could live with this for another 10 years.
My 9th gen had a rattle from the glove box at 70k miles that was easily fixed, other than that the car is solid.
The amount of rattles and buzzing from the interior of this car is something I wouldn't expect from a versa, let alone a car that costs almost 30k USD.
If anyone has any advice or tips or tricks for these rattles please let me know.

Sponsored

kanav

First Name
Kanav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si Black
I have the exact same rattle, took apart the dashboard once so far, no solutions yet
Only happens in cold weather, goes away after 30 min of driving or if it's warm out
Going to take apart the dash again in a few weeks and try again

OP
OP
kev2069667

kev2069667

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic EX Sedan
I have the exact same rattle, took apart the dashboard once so far, no solutions yet
Only happens in cold weather, goes away after 30 min of driving or if it's warm out
Going to take apart the dash again in a few weeks and try again
Exactly describes my experience too. I got the buzzing rattle fixed. Turns out it was the headliner. Someone on the civic 11 forum helped me out there.
Nobody seems to know where the under steering wheel rattle is. It's hard to tell when you're trying to figure it out and drive at the same time. Lol
Let us know what you find! Thanks!

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
Exactly describes my experience too. I got the buzzing rattle fixed. Turns out it was the headliner. Someone on the civic 11 forum helped me out there.
Nobody seems to know where the under steering wheel rattle is. It's hard to tell when you're trying to figure it out and drive at the same time. Lol
Let us know what you find! Thanks!
How did you fix that one? Mine has a similar buzz

CTRgo

First Name
Zunair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
i had similar rattle in the trim of the dash, it goes away if you put a piece of cloth or felt to kill vibrations

OP
OP
kev2069667

kev2069667

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic EX Sedan
How did you fix that one? Mine has a similar buzz
The headliner was buzzing from right above my head pretty much, coming from between the oh sh!t handle and the moon roof. I could tell where it was at by applying pressure while driving and the rattle would stop completely.
To fix it I put the moon roof back, grabbed the headliner from the moonroof opening and pulled down. It gave me enough room to stuff a piece of microfiber where the rattling was coming from. I did this to the passenger side too.

OP
OP
kev2069667

kev2069667

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic EX Sedan
i had similar rattle in the trim of the dash, it goes away if you put a piece of cloth or felt to kill vibrations
Where exactly would you say the dash rattle was? Mine comes and goes from time to time but happens more when it's cold. Feels like it's to the lower left of the steering wheel kick panel. When I apply a bit of pressure there it stops.

CTRgo

First Name
Zunair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
So my rattle came from the left seam of the dash where the door closes. Theres 2 plastic pieces that join there and whenever it rattled id hold it with my finger and it would stop.

11th Gen Honda Civic Rattles are driving me nuts. EB8D2ED5-ADE2-4612-AB89-530D0D9E73E9

OP
OP
kev2069667

kev2069667

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic EX Sedan
Thanks CTRgo. I'll have to push there and see if that's where my rattle is next time it acts up!

RickyJeezus

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
I've had more than a few rattles in my FK8...have you guys tried taking it to the dealership? I got all mine taken care of there, it's under warranty.
Sponsored