• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sources of Rattles/Creaks/Squeaks + Fixes

Imped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 Golf R, ND2 Miata
I looked around but couldn't find this yet, so perhaps this can act as the MASTER LIST for the sources of the things that annoy some of us the most.

I just got the car so I can't contribute heavily, but I did identify the hood release cable as a source of small rattles while tinkering around under the hood. I placed some felt tape over a couple areas under the cable and wrapped a couple more in rubber tube with an ID similar to the cable OD (just cut to length and split). This should prevent that cable from creating any annoyances.

Feel free to provide further information on spots you all have identified, please.
Sponsored

gryphongod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FL5 #10837
The first few days I had a bunch of rattles and squeaks, especially in the dash and around the side windows, but after driving around a bunch they all went away. I didn't do anything to try to fix them. Just wanted to mention to maybe let it settle before taking things apart :p