• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
tuhroo

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Today’s quick response from the Service Manager at my dealership following an inquiry about the driver’s seat.

“According to our Honda Vin Inquiry System your Vehicle may be subject to a recall affecting the driver’s seat cushion frame. It’s for squeaking, rattling or breakage of the seat frame. Currently there are no parts available for repairs. Once seat cushion frames become available, the registered owner of the vehicle will receive a notice to bring the vehicle in for replacement of the component.”
literally copy and pasted from the bulletin lol
Sponsored

ChrisFL5#82

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eh2,FL5
@tuhroo Hey there! Really appreciate you willing to help us all out with the Vin searches!
Any chance you could look up Vin #
JHMFL5G45PX000082
Thank you in advance!

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I’m speculating that the problem weld is where a round cross bar is welded to the two side plates on the seat.
Here is a picture of a fillet weld on the inner side of my drivers seat. This is the inside left side of the seat looking from the front. These welds are near the front of the seat
4D70BE5A-2DC4-44A3-BFDF-5A25FFCC5BEE.jpeg
Here is a picture of the same area on my passengers seat (right side of seat).
77225CE0-B555-4EA0-97C0-C9F783DCC957.jpeg
So the passenger seat weld is on the outer part of the side plate and this picture shows the heat affected area. I couldn’t easily take a picture of the outer side bc of the seat trim.

My car is 1105 and NOT recalled. My thoughts are that both the passenger seat and drivers seat welds are on the outer side of the side plates and that the fillet weld visible on the inner side of the drivers seat is the “fix” that was made hastily during production.

Will someone with a sub 630 car post a picture of their drivers side inner weld area? I’m wondering if it has the inner fillet weld or not?

BE840602-6D51-4C05-8840-EDDF0949AB86.jpeg
11th Gen Honda Civic Recall: 2023 Civic Type R (FL5) Driver's Seat Cushion Frame Stop Sale (TSB Service Bulletin 23-030) IMG_8480

OP
OP
tuhroo

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
JHMFL5G40PX001110

Impacted?

Thanks in advance!

scoutduke

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Yes, 128. Hope this helps.
Okay thanks. So yours hasn’t been repaired I assume. It’s a littl hard to tell from the picture angle, but I don’t see an inner fillet weld. It looks like just haz From the weld on the outer side of the seat. Hopefully I can get one or two more pictures from others 630 and under w/o repair. I’m just curious as to what the difference is between bad frames and good frames. Also thinking that the passenger side is going to need repaired as well, but we’ll see.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
@tuhroo Apologies if I missed this in the thread somewhere, but do you have any more details you can share on the stop sale? Is it exactly as it sounds, no more sales of this vehicle until the seat fix is sorted out?

daazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Miata
@tuhroo Apologies if I missed this in the thread somewhere, but do you have any more details you can share on the stop sale? Is it exactly as it sounds, no more sales of this vehicle until the seat fix is sorted out?
I believe the stop sale only applies to certain VINs.
Sponsored