• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I just don’t understand this. Just talked to the service department at my dealership and they told me they were on a waiting list for the parts and would get in touch when they are in. I did exactly as you told me and tried to make an appointment but they were telling me, the parts might not be in by then. I have a car in the 400’s so I don’t understand whey they would keep a low serial # waiting. What am I missing?
Thanks
Sponsored

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I just don’t understand this. Just talked to the service department at my dealership and they told me they were on a waiting list for the parts and would get in touch when they are in. I did exactly as you told me and tried to make an appointment but they were telling me, the parts might not be in by then. I have a car in the 400’s so I don’t understand whey they would keep a low serial # waiting. What am I missing?
Thanks
Don’t know your situation, but some have already had their recalled CTRs repaired (see Eric J Sebastian’s post on FB site “Official 2023+ Civic Type R Group”).

V1ctor

First Name
Galip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Status update for my car #1765 VIN ending in 639. This morning I got the call that my recall repair was done and purchased it asap. Needles to say the car is a blast lol. Took basically one month from the car arriving to the dealership and it being fixed.

Modular Cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #581, 04 GSX-R600
Just called my dealer this morning and they were already aware of my car needing it. I have an appointment on Monday to get it replaced: just in time for my next event. I was contemplating skipping any autocross or track events until this was taken care of out of concern for safety. The creaking didn't start until a couple weeks ago after an event (around 3500 miles) and it got progressively worse over the course of a week. I think the g-forces are what did it in. I can only imagine what would happen in a crash.

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Just called my dealer this morning and they were already aware of my car needing it. I have an appointment on Monday to get it replaced: just in time for my next event. I was contemplating skipping any autocross or track events until this was taken care of out of concern for safety. The creaking didn't start until a couple weeks ago after an event (around 3500 miles) and it got progressively worse over the course of a week. I think the g-forces are what did it in. I can only imagine what would happen in a crash.
Same thing with mine. No noises even after a fairly tame track weekend. One rough autocross run and it started creaking.

OP
OP
tuhroo

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
i ordered 4 in, 3 have shown up...the last is coming from california and should be here on wednesday

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
i ordered 4 in, 3 have shown up...the last is coming from california and should be here on wednesday
My Dealer told me that they are on backorder. How about getting some to Inver grove Honda ! Sounds like you have better luck.
thanks

Modular Cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #581, 04 GSX-R600
I just had mine done today. For reference, it took 3 hours to do. I opted to sit and wait (I'm an hour from the dealer) and they came back in and said it looked like it could take 3 to 4 hours. The seat does feel more rigid/solid when getting in the car than before. I wasn't expecting that but it could still be in my head.

Caution those who need this done: cover your lower sill and some of the trim on the lower B-pillar (by the bottom back of the seat) with a few layers of painters tape or some other measure. I have a few gouges from the seat getting removed down there that I didn't see until I got home. Luckily, with it's location, I can hide it and most wouldn't notice, but I'd rather it not be there.

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Just received call from my dealership’s service manager who informed me that three parts are required for the seat repair; two have arrived and the third is expected by Friday. Looks like early next week for the repair.
Appointment for tomorrow (May 2nd) at 0700. Will give details about time required etc. tomorrow.

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I received a call from my dealer today saying the parts were on order now. Repair will be set up soon.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
I just had mine done today. For reference, it took 3 hours to do. I opted to sit and wait (I'm an hour from the dealer) and they came back in and said it looked like it could take 3 to 4 hours. The seat does feel more rigid/solid when getting in the car than before. I wasn't expecting that but it could still be in my head.

Caution those who need this done: cover your lower sill and some of the trim on the lower B-pillar (by the bottom back of the seat) with a few layers of painters tape or some other measure. I have a few gouges from the seat getting removed down there that I didn't see until I got home. Luckily, with it's location, I can hide it and most wouldn't notice, but I'd rather it not be there.
Im scheduled to get this done tomorrow. Could you show me what areas you are talking about? I don't understand what you are saying

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
I've made an appointment with the Honda dealer closest to my work, and the advisor said something about passing an inspection before the parts can be ordered? anyone get the same ?

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
That’s weird. Inspection for what? Did you ask?

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
That’s weird. Inspection for what? Did you ask?
Yea he said that what needs to happen...I said there is a standing recall tho? I've even offered my Vin, which he never asked...and still don't have. Should I bail on this dealer? It had pretty good review...this is honda of Milpitas

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Took my CTR in for the recall this morning at 0700. Followed recommendation to give Service Tech a gift card for dinner at “The Cheesecake Factory” given comments about them sometimes getting screwed on billable hours. The job took 2.4 hrs. It was the first such repair performed by the dealership. The Tech said he could probably complete the next one in half the time. Inspection before leaving revealed no scratches to the side molding etc. Guess I was lucky in getting a Master Technician and/or the gift card helped towards a professional installation. The seat is significantly more stable, solid feeling, easier to adjust, and totally quiet. Adjustments (back-and-forth & up-and-down) are more precise, and noticeably more so than the passenger’s side, which lacks the height adjustment. All-in-all, a great repair.
Sponsored

Last edited: