• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

She has to go unfortunately...

joerefunds

First Name
Ayer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey everyone,

As much as I love my '22 Civic Si, I have to let it go. With around 3,000 miles, I can't handle the uncomfortable seats anymore, along with many other things (rattles being the main thing). I've tried adjusting the seat in every single way possible but still found no comfort due to lack of lumbar support (have tried different pillows as well, and have owned cars with recaro bucket seats in them... so i don't know what the issue is). Don't get me started with the rattles too... rattles when decelerating, rattles from the front dash that you can't fix (HVAC/gauge cluster area), rattles from the passenger side door, driver side door, rear deck (already went to the dealer where they ""fixed"" it but it's back now). I ****love**** the car otherwise. It's been a fun journey but I can't handle it anymore :/

Yeah... couple of other things that are small and picky but whatever. I will be trading in for an Elantra N so we'll see how she does.

Thanks for listening to my rant if you read this far
Sponsored

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
Sorry to hear this, the Elantra N has some nice seats, you likely won't have an issue with them. Good luck with the new ride, hopefully you did okay on the Si sale/trade ?

Baldilocks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Really? My Sport Touring has THE most comfortable seats I've ever sat in in a car that didn't cost four times as much. I'm 6'2" 280 and I've done 10 hour stints in them.

As far as rattles, I've yet to have any.

OP
OP

joerefunds

First Name
Ayer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have positive equity so that’s a plus as well

OP
OP

joerefunds

First Name
Ayer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Really? My Sport Touring has THE most comfortable seats I've ever sat in in a car that didn't cost four times as much. I'm 6'2" 280 and I've done 10 hour stints in them.

As far as rattles, I've yet to have any.
different car and different seats lol. i’m 6’4 180

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
How the heck did they get away with no lumbar in the Si with it costing as much or more than an ST?

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
I had a 2017 SI and loved it...rattles were not an issue, at least for the 52,000 miles I had it.

But the seat, cool as it looked, eventually was so uncomfortable I couldn't sit in it.

So my wife found a special leather cushion designed exactly for this, and that literally saved my ass.

The name on the leather seat cushion is 'Aylio', hopefully they still pull up on line. It actually looks pretty cool and matches the SI interior somewhat. I think it ran somewhere south of $ 70.

I still have it, kept it in case I ran into this issue again with the CTR. Nope, that driver's seat is phenomenally comfortable even on a long drive - no back or butt issues. If you are getting out of your SI, and can pull off a 10th gen Type R, go for it. Don't even trip about the few small improvements made in later ones. I'm not, and keeping mine.
If the AYLIO cushion is no longer available, let me know, and I will send you mine free if you cover shipping. It's in excellent shape. Very cool design.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
N seats are much more comfortable imo. But Hyundais can be super annoying with the rattles too, so just keep that in mind.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
I'd be willing to bet you could find a 22 Sport owner to swap seats with you. I'd also wager 10th gen seats would fit. And there are members on here (well...civicx) that have laid out diy methods to eliminate rattles.

OP
OP

joerefunds

First Name
Ayer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'd be willing to bet you could find a 22 Sport owner to swap seats with you. I'd also wager 10th gen seats would fit. And there are members on here (well...civicx) that have laid out diy methods to eliminate rattles.
True and also true. However, there are just WAY TOO MANY rattles to address them all. Some need the dealer and cannot be addressed by me or the community unfortunately. As for the seats, I was thinking about it but did not want to go thru the hassle of finding/buying some. I have the positive equity like I stated above so I'm happy with letter her go..

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Teggy seats are comfy
Sponsored