• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

arsing116

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ GRC CE, 23’ Civic Si (Sold), 14’ Evo X GSR
30 miles 90% free flowing highway in comfort mode….

7FD1C6A7-2063-49E0-ADD7-0578098F1F12.jpeg
What was the average speed that you were going if you had to guess?
Sponsored

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
You must be running a tight balance between lightly cruising and lugging the engine the whole drive.🤣
Yeah my driving style doesn't involve high revs. Approximate times when I change gears are: 10mph-->2nd gear, 15-->3rd, 25-->4th, 35->5th, and 40+-->6th; anything below than these speeds and you're lugging the engine. Keep it smoooooth. Not for mpgs, but for the love of driving without "pushing" the car or making it "cry"/wring the life out of it. Before anyone gets their pitchfork out and cry sacrilege, I do push it sometimes just to remind myself what this car is capable of. Let's just say I enjoy gear shifting and handling more than sudden bursts of acceleration haha.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah my driving style doesn't involve high revs. Approximate times when I change gears are: 10mph-->2nd gear, 15-->3rd, 25-->4th, 35->5th, and 40+-->6th; anything below than these speeds and you're lugging the engine. Keep it smoooooth. Not for mpgs, but for the love of driving without "pushing" the car or making it "cry"/wring the life out of it. Before anyone gets their pitchfork out and cry sacrilege, I do push it sometimes just to remind myself what this car is capable of. Let's just say I enjoy gear shifting and handling more than sudden bursts of acceleration haha.
Yeah, I don’t drive aggressively all the time. Most of the time I’m just chillin’ TBH. But I also keep the car at or above 2.6k RPMs, so if I need to take off, then I’m already in the car’s peak torque range. This is not even close to high revving the car, but it’s in the car’s power band “comfort zone” for cruising and no worries of lugging.🙂

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5
I've only driven an FL5 once, and this is what I got:
11th Gen Honda Civic Show Your FL5 MPG’s!!! fl5-tri

Mostly cruising on the freeway, with some sporty driving on twisty roads, and a WOT run from 2nd gear through to 3rd.

I came away thinking 40 MPG is doable if just cruising. I also noticed that fuel consumption at WOT is very high, which makes sense for such a powerful turbo car.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Anyone have all highway runs at 85+?
Mix driving at higher highway speeds?

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
Very surprised to see some below 20 mpg. I’m a spirited driver but avoid beating on the engine unnecessarily running constant high rpm’s for no reason like when on the highway and no burnouts (front drive burnouts are not fun, wheelhop and such). Lowest I can get is 24 mpg with mix of around town and highway with some stop an go.

Best so far was 32 mpg on a 90 mile almost all highway and back road country trip.

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
Anyone have all highway runs at 85+?
Mix driving at higher highway speeds?
I get around 26 mpg if on the freeway for extended times, which increases once I hit the smaller roads (not city, but back roads). Average speeds around 80 mph on the highway.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
11th Gen Honda Civic Show Your FL5 MPG’s!!! IMG_3631

That 1,100 miles was break-in & drive home. Next tank is more reflective I imagine of what I'll see most of the time.

I got 19 in my ND Miata, most get 30 :D

dandaman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 RDX, 2023 Type R
Only downside I see is the small gas tank. I'm guessing after 200 miles or so the fuel light kicks on.
I was getting 27mpg and the light just kicked on at 240 miles with 45 miles left on the range. I can probably eek out close to 300 miles on a tank.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Very surprised to see some below 20 mpg. I’m a spirited driver but avoid beating on the engine unnecessarily running constant high rpm’s for no reason like when on the highway and no burnouts (front drive burnouts are not fun, wheelhop and such). Lowest I can get is 24 mpg with mix of around town and highway with some stop an go.

Best so far was 32 mpg on a 90 mile almost all highway and back road country trip.
This is probably similar to how I drive. With the small 1.5T I'm 30 mixed with higher highway speeds. Had some
I was getting 27mpg and the light just kicked on at 240 miles with 45 miles left on the range. I can probably eek out close to 300 miles on a tank.
Range anxiety in a civic. Lol
I'm getting 280-300 before the light comes on I'm my 1.5 which I have to fill once a week or so.

menikmati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX STI, BRZ, FL5
I've only driven an FL5 once, and this is what I got:
fl5-trip.jpg

Mostly cruising on the freeway, with some sporty driving on twisty roads, and a WOT run from 2nd gear through to 3rd.

I came away thinking 40 MPG is doable if just cruising. I also noticed that fuel consumption at WOT is very high, which makes sense for such a powerful turbo car.
A fellow Mogwai connoisseur.

Reactions: rui

saGOD

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R | 2020 KIA Sedona