• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
Here is a little perspective. In 2003, I bought my 200 hp RSX-S for about $24k. Fifteen years later, the FK8 came out with 50 % more hp, 100 %+ more torque, and class dominating handling, braking, and technology that the RSX or any car at that time in the price range never had.
Is a few extra hp and torque that may be slightly faster worth 10K? I know the car will sell and still be in great demand, but I just don't see its worth owning the car that I have.
I'm in the same boat, but from the opposite direction. We bought our Evo stock for about $26k in 2018, but it stickered for--wait for it--$46,365 w/ destination back in 2014. That's about $54k in today's USD. And the thing is, I love our Evo so much that, had I not been a jobless child back in 2014, I think I would have bought it brand new, even with the options (maybe not the nav).

So to me, the FL5 at $44k MSRP almost seems like a bargain. It's basically just as quick, feels good to drive, offers tons of room, and looks pretty too. I don't know if it's necessarily better. Certainly not better enough for me to rush out and get one right now.
Sponsored

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
I've told my dealer that if my car really isn't coming for another 3-4 months the markup will have to change. I'm not paying a crazy premium to have the car 6 months after the first deliveries. I'm fine paying some ADM as I know this car is limited but in 4 months the market will be totally different.

Honda has let down a lot of people with this rollout. Winter is only weeks away and having a fraction of the 500 cars on US soil delivered is just sad.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I've told my dealer that if my car really isn't coming for another 3-4 months the markup will have to change. I'm not paying a crazy premium to have the car 6 months after the first deliveries. I'm fine paying some ADM as I know this car is limited but in 4 months the market will be totally different.

Honda has let down a lot of people with this rollout. Winter is only weeks away and having a fraction of the 500 cars on US soil delivered is just sad.
Yup. I don’t know how they could hose this up so bad. Even worse, they don’t seem to care or have any answers.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Yup. I don’t know how they could hose this up so bad. Even worse, they don’t seem to care or have any answers.
Yes. Honda could care less that they are selling far less vehicles. Lol.

It's a CTR. It's like 5 percent of civic sales. You can't go and get whatever Civic you want right now.. let alone CTR.

They don't do it to fuck with you. They have shortages on microchips among other things. Y'all act like this is the only thing out there you can't just walk in a store and get.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Southern Honda called me, $63k "and there are two people in front of you for $20k ADM".

Hard no.

Kuhal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 Honda Acty, '23 CT4-V Blackwing, '24 FL5

Yea, dealers can only keep interest so long. If mine's not here by the end of the month I'll probably ask for my deposit back and just buy something else unless they lower the ADM.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Its not hard to load a rail car. If you can build it and get it across the ocean you better fucking be able to deliver. They have had years to work through this shit. Get over yourself, this is on Honda - straight up dead to rights - they need to own it.
Why deny the evidence that is all around you?

This isn't exclusively a Honda issue. It isn't simply a rail or tucking issue.

I want my CTR too. I also want to sell more cars. To say Honda doesn't care and is doing nothing about it would be inaccurate. There is evidence of that.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Why deny the evidence that is all around you?

This isn't exclusively a Honda issue. It isn't simply a rail or tucking issue.

I want my CTR too. I also want to sell more cars. To say Honda doesn't care and is doing nothing about it would be inaccurate. There is evidence of that.
Honda is acting like a poorly run NFL team with an amazing defense (think engineering, procurement, production) and an offense that continuously craps the bed on the two yard line (think marketing, logistics etc).

Other companies struggling with the same issue should be seen as an opportunity to capitalize on gaining market share not as an excuse to rationalize your own (Hondas) failure. Companies are either growing or dying, there is no in between. Even in the face of challenge or transformation. All should be seen as opportunities. If you leave the house every morning thinking plan A is going to work without having multiple other contingent plans in your back pocket, you are planning to fail.

This goes beyond the Type R but the Type R is as good of an example as any. Another fumble on the two yard line with just excuses and no accountability is symptomatic of an flippant attitude toward mediocrity and shrinking market share.

It is what it is. I don’t want to hear excuses or care about Honda’s intent. Do they care when I put up the money to buy one of their vehicles? Just get the job done or step down and find someone who can.

Last edited:

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Lol, K.

flek

First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si, 1990 miata

It's amusing to me that Vandergriff Honda and Honda of Denton have been calling people back, because they've been doing the same to me. Glad no one's budging.
lmao. I live in Houston and this is about what I expected. Maybe someday a used FK8 instead.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Precisely the attitude that yields the current outcome…..mediocrity…
I remember from way back in the day... There was a website that described forum personalities. They complimented the descriptions with hilarious artwork too.

I'm sure there is one that would apply to me.

I tried to find it but I could not. Other websites that describe similar stuff but not the one I remember.

Anyway one of the personalities is a brick wall.

Nothing anyone could say to a brick wall would matter.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Honestly people tripping over to buy a new car... Not just CTR says that there still is entirely too much liquidity in the system. I think sentiment of people here willing to drop 10k for the privilege of purchasing what is already a luxury item say that Fed will keep raising interest rates.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Honestly people tripping over to buy a new car... Not just CTR says that there still is entirely too much liquidity in the system. I think sentiment of people here willing to drop 10k for the privilege of purchasing what is already a luxury item say that Fed will keep raising interest rates.
Stop trying to put us back on topic 🤣.
Sponsored