• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
There are both Elantra N and Golf r and GTI clubsport in europe.
The Elantra N interior looks cheap as shit, and I can’t see that car maintaining equity in the long run…
Everyone’s favorite thing to say, “it’s just a civic”. Nobody is going to sit around and not buy this thing, so either you can afford to get one or not. If not, then go get an Elantra N, and free up space for everyone else.
Sponsored

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
i said better, not worse

the golf r is more than the ctr and not even as good

a gti and elantra n are no where near the same level, the club sport isn't even in america either but it would still not be as good a type r

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
The Elantra N interior looks cheap as shit, and I can’t see that car maintaining equity in the long run…
Everyone’s favorite thing to say, “it’s just a civic”. Nobody is going to sit around and not buy this thing, so either you can afford to get one or not. If not, then go get an Elantra N, and free up space for everyone else.
I can honestly care less how much you overpay for a civic. Generally people that shouldn't be making those kinda purchases usually do. As for Elantra being cheap as shit, its a fcking bargin what what you get at under 35.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
No one wants to pay more... But it sure is hard when you live in a place where the used ones go for 40-53k.
i think that is the point he is missing...nobody WANTS to pay it, but if you want the car badly and you can afford the $10k bump, then no big deal...it's still better than almost any new car out there for $50k and below

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
i think that is the point he is missing...nobody WANTS to pay it, but if you want the car badly and you can afford the $10k bump, then no big deal...it's still better than almost any new car out there for $50k and below
Exactly

WattUpD

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S
Yes sir

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Literally the best FWD car on the planet and will likely be the last ICE version.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
I'm not sure I'd be stupid if I wanted the product...
I tell you what tho, I'd be really stupid, if I didn't want it and still pay $10k over.
I think there's a difference between want and being stupid.
Maybe I can be stupid to want something this bad, but I ain't stupid? :hmm:

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Eh, I just can't help it. A cars value is a cars value.

Sold an Si to a guy at MSRP. Months later he returned offering to sell it back to us for 5k more than MSRP. He wasn't all that wrong in what he said wanted for it. We didn't buy the car but another dealer did. I don't know what they paid but I'm confident the guy made out.

I say all that to say this...

If you won't pay more than MSRP... That's great. Nothing much wrong with it. If you do pay more for a car like this it doesn't make you an idiot or stupid.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Eh, I just can't help it. A cars value is a cars value.

Sold an Si to a guy at MSRP. Months later he returned offering to sell it back to us for 5k more than MSRP. He wasn't all that wrong in what he said wanted for it. We didn't buy the car but another dealer did. I don't know what they paid but I'm confident the guy made out.

I say all that to say this...

If you won't pay more than MSRP... That's great. Nothing much wrong with it. If you do pay more for a car like this it doesn't make you an idiot or stupid.
The level headed zen take. 👍

WattUpD

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S
Also remember we are just several guys/gals on the forums saying paying 10k is too much, question is how many people that are not on the forums are willing to paid 10k+ once they see the CTR in dealer showrooms.

ex: My college buddy that I haven’t seen for 5 years we connected couple months ago and we meet up and he saw me pull up in my FK8 and said his gf also has the same car as me ( both him and his gf are not car people or know how to drive manual) he said they went to Honda of San Francisco just browsing for a regular Honda Civic and picked out the car they like and was about to sign the documents and the sales associate said they got this performance car in the showroom if they would like to check it out.

According to my buddy when his gf saw the SGP civic she just fell in love with the car didn’t care what the price was and she signed for it. He doesn’t know that dealers place markups. All he know is that OTD for the Civic was $55k when his gf bought it. According to him the gf didn’t even think twice about the price how expensive it was she has to have it!!

What I am trying to say is you got non car enthusiasts people that doesn’t know the real worth of the car and buying it based on how it looks and willing to pay what the dealers are asking also they just both learn how to drive stick (Reverse and 1st - 2nd gear) at the dealer lot from the sale associate the same evening.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
People have no issue with things being sold for more than they are worth, when they are the ones doing the selling... but the minute something is sold for more than its worth and they're the buyer, its a whole different story.

I bet, if any of the people calling everyone stupid, who are willing pay over MSRP for a Type R, were to inherit some valuable coin or heirloom from their family, and could sell it for an obnoxious price, they wouldn't hesitate for one second.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Also remember we are just several guys/gals on the forums saying paying 10k is too much, question is how many people that are not on the forums are willing to paid 10k+ once they see the CTR in dealer showrooms.

ex: My college buddy that I haven’t seen for 5 years we connected couple months ago and we meet up and he saw me pull up in my FK8 and said his gf also has the same car as me ( both him and his gf are not car people or know how to drive manual) he said they went to Honda of San Francisco just browsing for a regular Honda Civic and picked out the car they like and was about to sign the documents and the sales associate said they got this performance car in the showroom if they would like to check it out.

According to my buddy when his gf saw the SGP civic she just fell in love with the car didn’t care what the price was and she signed for it. He doesn’t know that dealers place markups. All he know is that OTD for the Civic was $55k when his gf bought it. According to him the gf didn’t even think twice about the price how expensive it was she has to have it!!

What I am trying to say is you got non car enthusiasts people that doesn’t know the real worth of the car and buying it based on how it looks and willing to pay what the dealers are asking also they just both learn how to drive stick (Reverse and 1st - 2nd gear) at the dealer lot from the sale associate the same evening.
That's a painful story... Hope they at least got to appreciate what they have after a while...
Sponsored