• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

Limitr

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
This isn’t really a markup comment so to say, well it kind of is, with the prices of used cars where they’re at, manufacturers are selling their cars at auction and are getting over Msrp or adjusted market value prices, aren’t they in turn getting the markup as well? These include executive demos, rep demos, cars that the people who write online articles drive (I think ride and drive or whatever they’re called) I can tell you this is happening, everyone is getting their share of some additional $$$

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
This isn’t really a markup comment so to say, well it kind of is, with the prices of used cars where they’re at, manufacturers are selling their cars at auction and are getting over Msrp or adjusted market value prices, aren’t they in turn getting the markup as well? These include executive demos, rep demos, cars that the people who write online articles drive (I think ride and drive or whatever they’re called) I can tell you this is happening, everyone is getting their share of some additional $$$
I think people are mostly upset when dealers charge 50% of the MSRP in ADM.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
This has always happened to an extent. You always see a hot car at Manheim with someone capitalizing on it's market value.

I don't think you are seeing that from dealers/makes like Honda however.

I sell a new car. I hope to get a trade. I recondition the trade for fixed operations revenue. I then look to sell the car at a profit. Maybe you get a trade (likely older than a new car trade).

The inflation of the market is a result of too few vehicles. So rental car agencies and dealers like carvana and used car only operations are feeling the pinch. It's more complex than that but for the sake of this topic...

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I heard dealers were going to warranty my mods and even install them for me! Maybe even compensate me for my gas to and from!
A dealership will be installing modifications that I don't install myself. It doesn't seem so crazy when you work at one.