• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Just created an account to share ADM info. Got an email today from Curry Honda in Georgia saying the markup "will be about $15,000 over MSRP" and if I put a deposit down I'll get the first one they receive. That is way too rich for my blood, but heads up to any other people looking in the Southeast.
Sponsored

Koyti

First Name
Koyti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have a decent relationship with a few dealers in the Tri-state area. Most have been relatively transparent with me -- they're going to sell these for as much as they can. None will commit to pricing yet because they want to see what the market will bear.

Personally, I can't envision the market bearing $10k-$15k over MSRP for this car... I'm sure I'll be proven wrong though. 😢

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I have a decent relationship with a few dealers in the Tri-state area. Most have been relatively transparent with me -- they're going to sell these for as much as they can. None will commit to pricing yet because they want to see what the market will bear.

Personally, I can't envision the market bearing $10k-$15k over MSRP for this car... I'm sure I'll be proven wrong though. 😢
it can't. wait a year the markups will start coming down. But I assume there are plenty of IG/Tiktok clout thirsty kids that will happily go in to debt for the shiny new attention piece.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica

The overall economic indicators are terrible along with the outlook for the next 24 months. Banks are ratcheting up auto loan qualifying criteria with the onslaught of defaults and repos. It will be difficult for a healthy portion of the population to get a loan (and at a decent rate) given the change.

Koyti

First Name
Koyti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The overall economic indicators are terrible along with the outlook for the next 24 months. Banks are ratcheting up auto loan qualifying criteria with the onslaught of defaults and repos. It will be difficult for a healthy portion of the population to get a loan (and at a decent rate) given the change.
Yeah, the Fed's number one goal right now is to kill consumer spending and soften the labor market (which is obviously done primarily via raising rates). Maybe that coupled with lenders/banks/investors being less risk adverse will soften the car market enough by the time the Type R is on sale.

Last edited:

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Customer is interested in
Source?

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Source?
[/QUOTE]

Do your own due diligence.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I have. So you can imagine my amazement at what you suggested.

https://www.coxautoinc.com/market-i...ng-but-we-are-not-heading-into-a-repo-crisis/

I guess sometimes... People feel the need to just say stuff. Not to educate, but more to come off as educated.
Trying to stir the pot on a Friday huh. Nice try. Have a good weekend.
[/QUOTE]

I'm not an expert but I find that experts have no idea what they're saying. Just months before the housing implosion all so called experts were saying the market was very healthy including Greenspan. Just the down turn in the markets alone, hedge funds lost hundreds of billions, they didn't see that coming either.

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
I have. So you can imagine my amazement at what you suggested.

https://www.coxautoinc.com/market-i...ng-but-we-are-not-heading-into-a-repo-crisis/

I guess sometimes... People feel the need to just say stuff. Not to educate, but more to come off as educated.
Repos are a lagging indicator of economic decline. By the time repos are rampant, the proverbial shit will have already hit the fan well in advance. Articles like this are basically useless; funnily, it epitomizes your own statement. The numbers don't really tell the story you think you they tell.

You don't become delinquent until you lose income. You don't default until you become delinquent. You don't get repo'd until you default. Where do you think we are in that chain of events?

-----

All that aside, if through all the turmoil some people (possibly idiots) decide that special cars are especially stable investments for some reason, then they may keep buying FL5s at inflated prices all the same. So it's possible big ADMs won't go away even if we enter a "repo crisis." FL5 is not a regular car, after all.

Lightweight

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
To me, the new type R is worth $47,000 max given the demand and production shortage etc. I have other cars to drive during the interim and will wait for the economy to go into a recession and further credit tightening and see who is the boss as I am a cash buyer.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Trying to stir the pot on a Friday huh. Nice try. Have a good weekend.
I'm not an expert but I find that experts have no idea what they're saying. Just months before the housing implosion all so called experts were saying the market was very healthy including Greenspan. Just the down turn in the markets alone, hedge funds lost hundreds of billions, they didn't see that coming either.
[/QUOTE]

The article provides context. Data or in this case "onslaught" without context is the issue. His comments are the equivalent of fear-mongering. The rest is a straw man fallacy.

I'll gladly debate this but bring something to my party or at least in good faith read the article.
Sponsored