• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
Well, in that case, congratulations
Why are you being a douche? Frank Brown Honda of Lubbock, TX is a msrp dealer. Expect 1-2 a year. Happy bud? I deleted my comment due to your objection. It asked a reason for my deletion and I put Whitboy82 is a douche. That ok?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
The intent is partially to call out egregiousness and give transparency to what is going on out there.
Change small town dealer to "Frank Brown Honda of Lubbock, TX" to satisfy the forum post police please.

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
Seriously is this a fing joke. Dont buy shyte from any of those scum bags
Used Type Rs are selling for $45-50k here so until something changes thats the situation. Pretty terrible. Norm Reeves just sold a LE last week for $77k or $32k over msrp. Several up North for around 60k. One w/ 17 miles at 60k.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Thereā€˜s no way 10k+ markups last over a year. The people who are paying 20k markups are just paying a massive fee just to get the car first.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Thereā€˜s no way 10k+ markups last over a year. The people who are paying 20k markups are just paying a massive fee just to get the car first.
I mean.... Someone just said 55k FK8s used.

Seems like it's totally reasonable to expect 10k in a year. No?

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Why are you being a douche? Frank Brown Honda of Lubbock, TX is a msrp dealer. Expect 1-2 a year. Happy bud? I deleted my comment due to your objection. It asked a reason for my deletion and I put Whitboy82 is a douche. That ok?
A douche? Iā€™m not a moderator, stop acting like some kind of entitled baby. You do whatever you want to do, nobody is making you do anything. You wanna act like a drama queen, thatā€™s your business. That being said, let me go ahead and apologizeā€¦ Iā€™m sorry I questioned anything. Iā€™ll make sure I only post and respond regarding dealerships with extremely high ADMs. There done.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I reached out to Frank Brown Honda in Lubbock Texas...

I gave them 30k deposit and they immediately rushed to first in line.

That's how it works when you have a GREAT relationship with that dealer. You enhance with a big deposit.

I recorded it as evidence...

"Enhances it really"

"Fancy word for a salesman"

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I mean.... Someone just said 55k FK8s used.

Seems like it's totally reasonable to expect 10k in a year. No?
How many of the cars being listed at those prices are actually being bought though? Especially now that interest rates are going up? If several people are actually buying used FK8s at 55k then I find that very bizarre.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
How many of the cars being listed at those prices are actually being bought though? Especially now that interest rates are going up? If several people are actually buying used FK8s at 55k then I find that very bizarre.
Just about everything going on is bizzare compared to what we were experiencing before this though, no?

I don't have numbers for you but I do see people on the internet (Reddit) and other places mentioning that they just purchased an FK8. We see plenty of people who prefer the FK8 look too right? So maybe some of those people.

Interest rates are absolutely going to have an impact. Or so the Fed is in hopes.

Shiba Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Added two more to the Google Sheets from what I spotted on Reddit. One of which is Honda of Seattle. This dealer won't do markups, but they will do mandatory accessories. Unfortunately, this dealer doesn't think they will get the car nor are they doing a waitlist.

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Mandatory accessories don't bother me as much, as long as I get to have a say in choosing them.

as much

šŸ™ƒ

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Taurus LX
Every dealer I've talked to in Washington State is $10K over MSRP. I assume the ones near larger cities are $15-$20K over.
Yep - I've heard $10k to $20k so far at every dealer i've contacted in WA. $10k seems to be the norm for cities outside of seattle/tacoma proper. namely rairdon honda was taking deposits but were not firm on the markup - only estimating "around $15k" over

kevinh

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2019 Honda insight
Honda Mckineey said they are not sure but will be over MSRP 15-20k Range was the guess.

kevinh

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2019 Honda insight
Vandergriff in Arligton said it will have a mark up but would not give me prices.
Sponsored