• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Just a small update on the Southeastern VA sales front:

- 6 allocations within 30-45 mins from me
- 2 dealers remain unsold, one holding at 20K (CW) ADM and other 15K (SPG)
- others sold between $10K-15K over

****Both unsold allocations originally told me they had a 'long wait list' at $25K over and wanted $1K deposit to get on it (crazy how they can't sell those first allocations 😆)

****Two separate dealerships that sold at $10K ADM want deposits for their next allocation - both saying they expect 2 or 3 additional allocations in 2023. Both say I'd be number 1 in line but 'I need to hurry to lock in that $10K ADM before they go up' 😆.

This all leads me to believe it will not be difficult getting a Type-R under $10K ADM in my region in 2023. If the local allocation projections are correct, then the dealers will be competing for sales in 2023. I realize not every region in the US has that luxury - but I don't anticipate the 'extreme rarity' that others are preaching. I'm also aware of at least one 'sold' deal that fell through due to buyer not being able to get the loan. This was at a $15K ADM that then dropped to $10K to get a sale.

If my assumptions are wrong, and I don't get one for $0-5K ADM in 2023, then I'll order an RS3 or M2 once orders open for the 2024 model year. Local Audi and BMW dealers are currently offering MSRP deals on ordered cars with 4-6 month wait. My final fallback car is the IS500 - but trying to not have a gas gussler for the next 5+ yrs as my primary commuter.
This is the right approach, won't be effective in every region but being patient will guarantee you the best deal.
Sponsored

Kash338

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R

****Both unsold allocations originally told me they had a 'long wait list' at $25K over and wanted $1K deposit to get on it (crazy how they can't sell those first allocations 😆)

****Two separate dealerships that sold at $10K ADM want deposits for their next allocation - both saying they expect 2 or 3 additional allocations in 2023. Both say I'd be number 1 in line but 'I need to hurry to lock in that $10K ADM before they go up' 😆.

This all leads me to believe it will not be difficult getting a Type-R under $10K ADM in my region in 2023. If the local allocation projections are correct, then the dealers will be competing for sales in 2023. I realize not every region in the US has that luxury - but I don't anticipate the 'extreme rarity' that others are preaching. I'm also aware of at least one 'sold' deal that fell through due to buyer not being able to get the loan. This was at a $15K ADM that then dropped to $10K to get a sale.

If my assumptions are wrong, and I don't get one for $0-5K ADM in 2023, then I'll order an RS3 or M2 once orders open for the 2024 model year. Local Audi and BMW dealers are currently offering MSRP deals on ordered cars with 4-6 month wait. My final fallback car is the IS500 - but trying to not have a gas gussler for the next 5+ yrs as my primary commuter.
I don't post much but I think you're doing it right by waiting this out. The people with patience will eventually get a ctr close enough for msrp. I got no problem waiting because I have no desire to pay 50k+ just because Honda wants to keep taking advantage of those willing to pay adm by making it seem like the type r is the only "special" car in the market (adm don't get mad, it's your choice and money). The more people that keep saying no to 10k+ adm, the sooner these dealerships will realize that they're going to have to come down on the adm or get rid of it all together.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I don't post much but I think you're doing it right by waiting this out. The people with patience will eventually get a ctr close enough for msrp. I got no problem waiting because I have no desire to pay 50k+ just because Honda wants to keep taking advantage of those willing to pay adm by making it seem like the type r is the only "special" car in the market (adm don't get mad, it's your choice and money). The more people that keep saying no to 10k+ adm, the sooner these dealerships will realize that they're going to have to come down on the adm or get rid of it all together.
You are assuming the volume will be there like the fk8. Japan has 10k orders to fill. Canada gets like 600 total. US only has 500 on shore for round one which has been delayed. If this is a three year run all signs point to overall lower volumes.

Kash338

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
You are assuming the volume will be there like the fk8. Japan has 10k orders to fill. Canada gets like 600 total. US only has 500 on shore for round one which has been delayed. If this is a three year run all signs point to overall lower volumes.
We will see what the overall volume turns out to be. If if it's a low volume, then that just means that people will need to look at other options

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX

Koons Honda in VA called me back today from when allocations first came out, and they’re holding firm on +$15k for a boost blue.

Hicks2seven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Koons Honda in VA called me back today from when allocations first came out, and they’re holding firm on +$15k for a boost blue.
I never contacted them because they were a bit far from me. I did talk to a couple NOVA dealers that had CW allocations but they were all in the $20-25K range.

I am happy there are $15K ADMs that are still going unsold in VA. I'm not aware of any that have sold for $20K+ but I haven't kept tabs above Richmond. I'm only aware of a single dealer in my area that got $15K ADM and a bit disappointed in that because it's the closest to me and would have been super convenient to work a deal with them in the future that could have included some maintenance incentives. They'll probably be harder to talk down on future allocations due to getting $15K on their first.

Also I'm still first in Charlottesville for a $5K ADM but that dealer has yet to receive any word from the regional manager on allocations - and they only sold about 5 FK8'S total.

Use20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
If you read the Japanese forums, there are quite a few guys who ordered, and the expected delivery date was April - June 2023. Suddenly, they got a phone call, and the car was ready for pick up.

This is what I read from the Japanese forum
憧れのあったシビックタイプRの発売を知り納車は早くとも2023年の6月頃との事で予約しましたがオーダー通ったら1月入庫予定となり・・・
先月末突然、入庫予定日が早まったと連絡があり本日納車されました

一つ気になる点があるのですが、ホンダ車納車時の走行距離(ODO)って何kmくらいですか?
私のは10kmほどでした
輸入車を購入した時はこんなに伸びてるんだ(50kmほど)と思いましたが国産車10台ほどは大体4-5km

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
I never contacted them because they were a bit far from me. I did talk to a couple NOVA dealers that had CW allocations but they were all in the $20-25K range.

I am happy there are $15K ADMs that are still going unsold in VA. I'm not aware of any that have sold for $20K+ but I haven't kept tabs above Richmond. I'm only aware of a single dealer in my area that got $15K ADM and a bit disappointed in that because it's the closest to me and would have been super convenient to work a deal with them in the future that could have included some maintenance incentives. They'll probably be harder to talk down on future allocations due to getting $15K on their first.

Also I'm still first in Charlottesville for a $5K ADM but that dealer has yet to receive any word from the regional manager on allocations - and they only sold about 5 FK8'S total.
They’ll come down at some point.

WeudS

First Name
Daoud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 RR CTR, (Sold)2021 RR CTR, 2011 Tahoe LTZ

zmago

First Name
Mig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
This is a USA problem, not the World problem. Only USA has aggressive laws protecting dealers and mandating they exist without any control. It boggles my mind that the companies who make new cars are all powerless (or worse, don't care!) in preventing their customers from being ripped off. People who made the car said this car costs $44K but they have to hand it off to a third party who had nothing to do with R&D and contributes NOTHING to the process whatsoever so they can add $25K mark up to line their pockets before the customers can have it. If you think about it, it is quite insane.
Sponsored