• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

Scottyy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
All Heritage Honda’s in Maryland are marking up $20-25k. Won’t discuss pricing over the phone. They have 2-3 available across their dealers.
Sponsored

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
That Texas dealer may not want to actually sell it. Not a bad car to have for foot traffic. Then again if random crypto multi millionaire walks in or El Chapo wants to buy a car for one of his kids you could have a nice payday on your hands. I would offer 30k because why not.

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
Autonation Dulles Honda in Virginia just called me. The sales guy stated they are at $5k markup on theirs

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
that car is already pending sold

KROCK2180

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Stay strong don't budge! Ive had a few dealerships call me back cracking down on the price a bit.
Just a heads up, interest rates go up and the end of the month.
Demand destruction is taking place as we speak.
They will be forced to sell for msrp, banks wont be giving out loans easy in 23 year.
News flash... Dealers will not be forced to sell this car at MSRP. MSRP is a pipe dream.

KROCK2180

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Eh, not sure that is true. When the FK8 came out some of the larger dealers would have 3 different colors at a time.
Its pretty accurate. The dealers had other colors on their lot because they were sitting on the car waiting for the right buyer. The Type R is not a car a dealer is going to be forced to sell, they will sit and wait for the right deal for them.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Makes sense. The trend will continue. Perhaps not in the first or second wave of vehicles. Late next year, early 2024 I think we'll see a dramatic shift in price point.
Let the trend continue. ITS is coming out next summer (May/June) at around CTR price. Let ADM dealers and shillers eat shit; they deserve what they sow.

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
None. Think crying about MSRP is hilarious. The previous model TYPE R wasn't at MSRP for most of the US. What makes people think a car is going for MSRP in the current market?
I know people were getting FK8s for cheap during the wintertime back in 2019. Some said they got their FK8s at invoice. I personally seen a used one with a couple hundred miles on it for 33k. Basically brand new and was able to get mine for under MSRP. I also wanted 2 years. I'm not sure if the same is going to happen with the FL5 cause the same dealers that were selling the FK8 at MSRP are now charging a markup for a FL5. I think there's going to come a point with the interest hikes and and the markups they're going to have to lower their prices. They're going to eventually run out of people willing to pay these markups. I guess we'll see what happens.
Sponsored

Last edited: