• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

AtmosFearik

First Name
FV
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'23 Type R, Gen 1 Audi R8 V10 Manual, E46 M3 6MT
Galpin honda in LA was offering me msrp+ 4k all in for the CBP.

Seems that dealer is the most competitive in so cal. I tried for 3K but they weren't budging. Neither was I. I probably would be driving a CBP had they agreed to 3k over. And per the salesperson via text it was msrp +4K. accessories included.

3k over is reasonable considering it's about to be a year old model.

Norm Reeves in Cerritos has a bunch of Type Rs in store and in transit. Straight up hoarding. They too are at 5k over when you haggle but I didn't bother clarifying if that's 5k with or without accessories included in the markup. Honda in Ontario is smoking crack with 10k firm over msrp. Honda Woodland Hills is also at 5k.

3k is my limit and I only want a CBP. I'm not desperate and I'm willing to wait for MSRP-3K. Time will tell.

But if anyone was holding out on 5k over its easy to get one. But I think everyone should continue to hold the line and let them hoard until they start being more reasonable than 5k. So many FL5s just sitting there collecting dust in Socal over fucking greed.
Thanks for the scouting report. I think the most I'd do is $2k over at this point from a local dealer. I've remained steadfast about not paying more than MSRP. The market is coming back towards us so staying patient is key.
Sponsored

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R and many more...
Nah <3k is generous for an almost last year model.

It’ll happen for me. And I don’t mind waiting.
Cool. Interest rates are high so make sure to pay all cash or use your own credit union for the financing. Good luck.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Thanks for the scouting report. I think the most I'd do is $2k over at this point from a local dealer. I've remained steadfast about not paying more than MSRP. The market is coming back towards us so staying patient is key.
I think the hype has died down finally. Those who were dying to get one already did and took the 5k+ markups.

the rest of us will hop on reasonable <3k markups very soon. There’s a lot of inventory sitting LA area. I think we’re at the breaking point. Norm Reeves has so much inventory of FL5s and they’re at 5k and still can’t move them all.

Just keep holding the line. By January they probably will play ball with <3k. I don’t think we will see MSRP only.

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why do some dealers like Norm Reeves have plentiful stock and then some dealers only get one every few months?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Why do some dealers like Norm Reeves have plentiful stock and then some dealers only get one every few months?
This has been covered numerous times. It's based on sales, specifically inventory turnover ratio. No surprise they receive so many. Year over year Norm Reeves consistently sells more Hondas than any other dealership in the world.

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This has been covered numerous times. It's based on sales, specifically inventory turnover ratio. No surprise they receive so many. Year over year Norm Reeves consistently sells more Hondas than any other dealership in the world.
Thank you for sharing again. In this case, I would expect Norm Reeves to reduce ADM to move the units.

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - Championship White, 2006 Honda Civic Si - Fiji Blue Pearl
Thank you for sharing again. In this case, I would expect Norm Reeves to reduce ADM to move the units.
They have so much history. They know there are still some suckers out there willing to pay. They’re just in the process of mentally justifying it.

Once the MMC CTR comes around those who paid they markups and wish they could hop into the MMC will feel the pain of it. And they’ll mentally justify it again, trade it and dealers win again. Then they’ll mark up the used FL5s, and the vicious cycle continues.

Did markups on the FK8 ever die down fully, I can’t recall.

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They have so much history. They know there are still some suckers out there willing to pay. They’re just in the process of mentally justifying it.

Once the MMC CTR comes around those who paid they markups and wish they could hop into the MMC will feel the pain of it. And they’ll mentally justify it again, trade it and dealers win again. Then they’ll mark up the used FL5s, and the vicious cycle continues.

Did markups on the FK8 ever die down fully, I can’t recall.
I see. Thank you for sharing.

niji5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo X, GR86
Definitely died down but I don’t think many people got it just for MSRP.

Only MSRP with no accessories is a pipe dream for both the FK8 and FL5.
Talking about from Norm Reeves or just in general?

Very few lucky people got MSRP only on a FL5 the past year. If you're talking FK8 then MSRP started to become available during 2019 ( Just not much in CA ). During the Summer to Winter in 2019, some dealers in Midwest states actually started to offer invoice pricing on 2019 CTRs.

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - Championship White, 2006 Honda Civic Si - Fiji Blue Pearl
Talking about from Norm Reeves or just in general?

Very few lucky people got MSRP only on a FL5 the past year. If you're talking FK8 then MSRP started to become available during 2019 ( Just not much in CA ). During the Summer to Winter in 2019, some dealers in Midwest states actually started to offer invoice pricing on 2019 CTRs.
Yeah was referring in general. I wouldn’t expect norm reeves to ever get to MSRP, but I think they’d get to $3-5k eventually.

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 CW CTR
So after a year dealing with the madness with my previous GR Corolla I would have figured that Mass and CT would have lower markups than most other surrounding states. But now I'm seeing New York of all places having all decent markups compared to the 6-10k in Mass, color me shocked as with the GRC, New York and Jersey were the highest