• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Things we've spotted from the Type R videos

OP
OP
giger

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
Mine will be the family car, driven all year around in any conditions. It's a car to be used. The only time I'd disagree with the above was driving my FD2 on semi slick RE070s (the factory tyre) in the snow - that was a white knuckle ride!

Anyway, back OT - anyone picked up on anything else?
Sponsored

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Does the EDM include the UK or is it going to be different again for UKDM?

I don't think cloth seats need heat and UK winters can be harsh but if the seats were leather then I would want heated. Nice to have for aches and pains on long drives I guess. Never had a heated steering wheel in any car I've had so I don't know if it is at all useful to me. Heated windscreen and mirrors would be a better option for me than heated wheel. My FK8 is not a fair weather car, it gets used all year round.

Definitely want to know about the Bose system and who gets it, and about the subwoofer and if it's actually any good this time as the previous sub was a load of shit.​
Also hoping we get the self dimming rear view mirror again too.​
Want the full interior lighting pack again. FL5 has the red strip on the doors and looks like the light up Type-R sill protectors, the LED projected Type R logo in the doors when opening. Puddle lights would be a good alternative to the projected logo. They could have even done some exterior under car/downlights to give a subtle red glow. Just various thoughts.​
All seems up in the air and guesswork on so much and I can't see a lot of it being clarified until the final brochures and catalogues come out For each territory showing all the standard and optional kit that's available.​
I can say the bose and sub are really good in the FL1.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Mine will be the family car, driven all year around in any conditions. It's a car to be used. The only time I'd disagree with the above was driving my FD2 on semi slick RE070s (the factory tyre) in the snow - that was a white knuckle ride!

Anyway, back OT - anyone picked up on anything else?
Mine too. I'll be an empty nester by release. So it will replace my Accord's daily duties. I'd like to pay it off rather quickly and get a Ridgeline. Time will tell.

So I checked on the the accessories on the Honda website and I was shocked not to see a heated steering wheel.

I'm a fan of the Bose system in the Si and would rather it versus heated seats.

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
No issues with my FK8 either
Back on topic!
So far it seems EDM + CDM = heated seats
USDM + JDM = no heated seats.

Next question is what markets get Bose.
Sorry where is the evidence that canadian market will get heated seats?

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2024 Civic Type R
The fender ducts are functional, pretty easy to see straight through them. I'm speaking of the front bumper vertical slit 'vents'. Personally, I don't see how it can act as a canard as it's inside the body line and looks like they're angled downward and not upward. Even as a vortex generator it'll have to be the creation of the high pressure zone by the depression we see as the vertical fake vent but will tumble right into the turbulent wheel air. Usually most canards/vortex generators in this area of the bumper are designed to send air around the turbulent air of the front wheels to be effective.

I noticed the strange valve stem on the wheel but honestly I am not sure (and my Japanese is far too rusty to understand) what is implied by a reversed wheel. Most wheels have enough surface area looking straight at the hub where you can place a valve stem so it points straight toward you. It appears in this case they simply removed that surface area to make the rim section slightly flatter and in turn changed the valve stem to one that points toward the hub forcing this 90 degree bend valve stem. Hopefully this makes the wheels a tad lighter in addition to the aesthetics they were going for along with not requiring more wheel weights.
One Japanese YouTuber did say they're like canards, but IMO that was just his bad way of explaining it. From what he said it sounded like the edge that it presents trips up the air just before the wheel well and improves flow down the side of the car.

The thing where they made that outer rim section flat is they moved it to the inner face of the wheel, which is why they call it "reversed." It's an aesthetic thing. I assume the thick part is needed for structure, which would explain why they don't remove it.

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo 8, 89 civic si,FK8
I noticed they took away the fog lights. Now it seems they are intergrated into the headlights like the old school Integras. Also, but not sure, it seems on one video, they had a regular gas cap instead on the usually. Maybe it was just the display one they were letting people vlog about. I really like the customization of the drive settings and the gauge cluster when in "R" mode.

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo 8, 89 civic si,FK8
The only thing I noticed in one of the many videos is that the headlights are 3 parts. It looks like the outer are the headlights, the most inner are driving/fog lights and in the middle are the high beams.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
The only thing I noticed in one of the many videos is that the headlights are 3 parts. It looks like the outer are the headlights, the most inner are driving/fog lights and in the middle are the high beams.

When you say thee parts it makes me think you three different parts. They are not. They one party. You would not be able to purchase them individually. If the past is any sign of the future anyway

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo 8, 89 civic si,FK8
NO. I mean 1 housing but broken in 3 different section. Look at the JDM 90's Integras.
11th Gen Honda Civic Things we've spotted from the Type R videos Screenshot 2022-07-26 at 03-07-59 JDM 1990-1993 ACURA Honda Integra DA5 DA6 DA7 DA8 DA9 OEM He

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
That's usually sidelight, headlight, main beam and indicator in one unit and these days sometimes DRL's. Foglights aren't generally built into the main lighting unit on the front on any car I have had or can think of. Not saying it isn't possible but I just think it doesn't come with front fogs. Perhaps they are going to be an optional extra or introduced in 2nd or 3rd year or a facelift model.

One thing it does appear to have is when the rear fog light is turned on, that thin red strip that runs right across the centre of the boot lid (or trunk to our US friends), between the two light clusters, seems to be part of the rear fog lights. I thought it was odd that it didn't light up when brakes were applied and hadn't seen it illuminate at all in the videos and photos. Then on one of the videos they appeared to turn on the rear fog lights and that strip lit up.

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3

at least for UK cars
auto stop start, all 4 windows automatic up/down seem to be included

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
That's exactly what I thought, fog lights are meant to be lower down and cut under the fog to light the road surface. Higher up the light would bounce back and reflect off the fog and make it harder to see. Imagine putting your main beam (high beam) on in thick fog, that would be similar to having fog lights at the same height as the headlights.
Sponsored

Last edited: